Sign in to follow this  
Interpaul

Fuel disagree / Insufficient fuel

Hi,

during the engine start I get an insufficient fuel warning on the CDU and there is difference between the totalizer and the calculated fuel numbers. Some minutes later there is a fuel disagree warning and the option to use the totalizer numbers on the progress page. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Jan

during the engine start I get an insufficient fuel warning on the CDU and there is difference between the totalizer and the calculated fuel numbers. Some minutes later there is a fuel disagree warning and the option to use the totalizer numbers on the progress page. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Did you use Ground Operations at all?

Was this in between two flights where you adjusted your fuel?

There may be something here that we're looking into.  For now, follow the checklist in the ECL (totalizer is normally the correct one in my experience) and select the appropriate value on the PROG pages.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay i think we can add using AES as a possible cause of this, i never had this issue before until when i finally configured AES to be used with the T7, ever since then, every time after engine start (even if i didnt use AES services at all or i start at an airport that doesnt use AES like default) i would get this message. What i do is go back to the perf init page after start, make a manual fuel entry (any number will do) then delete that manual entry, it will force the FMC to read the calculated fuel and you should be set from there.

Its just one possible clue though

Did you use Ground Operations at all?

Was this in between two flights where you adjusted your fuel?

There may be something here that we're looking into.  For now, follow the checklist in the ECL (totalizer is normally the correct one in my experience) and select the appropriate value on the PROG pages.

It was between two flights. I entered the amount of fuel for the next sector in the CDU (FS ACTIONS -> FUEL -> TOTAL KGS). Didn't use PMDG ground operations.

It was between two flights. I entered the amount of fuel for the next sector in the CDU (FS ACTIONS -> FUEL -> TOTAL KGS). Didn't use PMDG ground operations.

Cool - good to know.  This looks like something we're going to have to chase down.

Kyle Rodgers

I have been getting this when not using the Ground ops system, and instead going to FS Actions > Fuel  and entering a number directly into TOTAL KGS (Line select 1L)

This will always end up with a major difference between TOT and CALC, pop up the insufficient fuel, then you can go to PROG and select "Only use totalizer fuel" (Line Select 5L) and then the Calculated fuel field disappears from the PROG page, along with insufficient fuel warnings. The fuel prediction on the Prog Page changes and then you clear the non-normal checklist that popped up.

All of the times that I use ground ops it hasn't happened. (waiting 1h30min for it to complete is a bit boring sometimes when you're just trying to catch some Vatsim ATC at random who will probably be gone by then)

All of the times I have used the FS ACtions > Fuel, it seems the Calc fuel doesn't 'see' the new fuel come in, so it will still say I only have 20 tonne when I actually have 85 or whatever.

• Upvote 1

I'm also having this issue, 30.6 tons on board but the calculated amount is 19.1 tons, using AES and this is on a turnaround.

Refueled using the Fuel page not Ground Ops as GO was being contrary earlier on and not allowing me to enter 20 mins as the turnaround time, instead insisting on 1:30...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I have been getting this when not using the Ground ops system, and instead going to FS Actions > Fuel  and entering a number directly into TOTAL KGS (Line select 1L)

This will always end up with a major difference between TOT and CALC, pop up the insufficient fuel, then you can go to PROG and select "Only use totalizer fuel" (Line Select 5L) and then the Calculated fuel field disappears from the PROG page, along with insufficient fuel warnings. The fuel prediction on the Prog Page changes and then you clear the non-normal checklist that popped up.

All of the times that I use ground ops it hasn't happened. (waiting 1h30min for it to complete is a bit boring sometimes when you're just trying to catch some Vatsim ATC at random who will probably be gone by then)

All of the times I have used the FS ACtions > Fuel, it seems the Calc fuel doesn't 'see' the new fuel come in, so it will still say I only have 20 tonne when I actually have 85 or whatever.

Hi, did you use AES? Just trying to figure if it is consistently experienced by people who use AES.

Refueled using the Fuel page not Ground Ops as GO was being contrary earlier on and not allowing me to enter 20 mins as the turnaround time, instead insisting on 1:30...

It won't allow entries that would be lesser than the assumed fueling time.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, did you use AES? Just trying to figure if it is consistently experienced by people who use AES.

Don't own AES.

(Actually had to google it to figure out what it was)

I do have GSX, but havn't been using it with the odd door config issues (it doesn't know doors are open). GSX has also crashed a few times and taken Coatl/FSDT down with it (barren buildingless KORD as a result.) I havn't seen other people talking about that though, so I might just need to update GSX/FSDT Addon manager or something.