Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Door Main Deck Cargo?

Getting this ECAM memo about "DOOR MAIN DECK CARGO" that I can't seem to solve. I read the intro manual and it suggested opening and closing the doors, which I did twice but to no avail. I then went to the failures menu to see if it wa a failure I needed to reset, but the option for MAIN DECK CARGO is greyed out as if it weren't modeled.

The ECAM actions for this item seem to be designed for discovering it in flight and aren't of much help on the ground.

Anyone else having this issue and know the workaround?

Regards,
Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Anyone else having this issue and know the workaround?

Loading from a panel state?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, long turn I think...  :mellow:

That one shouldn't be causing issues...hmm...

What does the DOOR synoptic show?

Kyle Rodgers

Door page shows all doors armed and all cargo doors closed...  :mellow:

It may be pretty simple, but can you give me the steps to reproduce?  I'll take a look when I get home...

Kyle Rodgers

I can't remember the specifics, but basically, 2L,4L,1R,2R,4R and the three cargo hatches were all open, I closed all the doors using the key commands I assigned in the MCDU, then once they'd all closed this warning popped up.

Regards,
Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I had this too.

Pressing Recall will clear it.  It's the only I've found that does.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had this too.

Pressing Recall will clear it.  It's the only I've found that does.

Dave

Yeh, but recalling it and it'll still be there. The aircraft is pressurising properly, so it's not that the door is actually open.

It seems like something that just requires a CB reset, but they're not modeled  don't think. Anyone know which CB I should reset if they are in fact modeled?

Regards,

Ró.

EDIT:

Just looked at the overhead and besides the fact that the CBs aren't modeled, the reset for the doors isn't even in the Flight Deck, so it's a trip to the Avionics Bay it looks like if you need to reset it. Oh well, guess that's not the issue anyways...  ^_^

Edited by Rónán O Cadhain

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Cleared it for me...  but there may be more than one cause of this.

I started in the default mode (everything up) and went to the Short State.  It may have been on a that time, I don't know because I wasn't paying attention.  But then I opened cargo doors for loading (GSX boarding), then buttoned up. That's when I noticed it.  Cycling the doors (cargo, cabin, etc) did not even make it blink.  It only cleared when I pressed recall.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sorry, I didn't make my point very clearly. The "Recall" button is actaully "Cancle/Recall" so what you did I think is cancle the warning by pushing the Recall button, but had you pushed it again you'd have realised that all that happened was that the warning was hidden from the EWD and that the underlying fault was still there.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I FOUND THE ERROR!!!  :biggrin:

I have discovered exacty what the MAIN DECK CARGO DOOR actually is firstly:

2013-9-5_23-1-51-291_zpscd4bd2b1.png

And I realised that in the PAX model I had hit the assigned key command to open this door, but obviously it isn't modelled in the PAX model, so I think it registered as open, but then wouldn't let me close it because, well it doesn't exist, but the warning was still there.

Probably can be fixed by inhibiting the key command for that door when in the PAX model...

So, am I the first person to break the T7?  :biggrin:

Regards,
Ró.

PS: Much thanks to Kriva for the livery...  :blush:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

My bad, just swap it around: EWD to EICAS (?), ECAM Actions to ECL, MCDU to CDU...  etc... :rolleyes:  They're all just airplanes to me...  :wink:

Regards,
Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg