Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 User banner...

Left pic: the water is the same as DX9 water: I don't see whitecaps! DX10 has whitecaps.

Center pic: is quite dark - against a white forum background one has to look closely to see that it's a cockpit.

Right pic: is file - good night lighting, good shot.

TexXan: I like the work you have done and also like Paul J's idea on Left Pic whitecaps and Center Pic a little dark.

How about some small lettering on each picture that would give Users unfamiliar with DX10 some idea of why that particular picture is a DX10 plus for them?

I'll get to work on it as soon as possible. Thank you for the feedback guys! 

Ideas.

Yep, I think there could be more than one entry per person, each one different, and creating a choice of banners, all good. 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Can't figure out how to upload a banner. I have a 500 x 125 pixel bmp file but avsim won't allow the upload. Is there something else I need to do?

SJED

I made this one a few months ago - as yours is, 500 x 125.

I went to http://postimage.org/, registered, and then uploaded the image there. Their screen is very simple and straightforward, no ads, etc. Once you've registered, login, make an album - say "DX10", and then upload the file to it. 

Then, when the file is uploaded, it will show like this.

Then, get the image address - it'll be the "Hotlink for forums(1)"  halfway down the list.

Click it, (it will automatically copy to your clipboard), then go into your Avsim User Panel and add (paste) it to your sig. Done!

What I did is to put

before the pic, then

after the pic. It then shows centered at the bottom of your posts. If you look at all of my posts now - they all have a different banner! Ask again if it's still a problem, I can walk you through each step -ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've picked up some keywords from Phil Taylor's recent post about DX10........

So here are some suggestions (different colors):

FSX_DX10Promo.jpg

FSX_DX10Promo05.jpg

FSX_DX10Promo01.jpg

....hmmmm......Now if only I knew what that meant..... 

....hmmmm......Now if only I knew what that meant..... 

If you do not understand Paul J - then I must have chosen a bad text.   :friends:     
Some better suggestions or correction are welcome.

I may have misunderstood, but Phil Taylor said: -"And over time, the community has figured out and fixed an amazing amount of things. Steve's D3D10 Fixer tool is just the latest in a long line of honorable work. This has actually improved the base rendering in D3D10 and I will argue extended the platform lifetime."

"So as issues are fixed there, and as 3rd party add-ons support D3D10, this path does add improved rendering scalability."

:lol:

No, it's ok, Torium - just my sense of humour. I understand perfectly well what Phil's remarks meant! It's absolutely fine!!

All the Best!

pj 

So here are some suggestions (different colors):

Torium: I have a suggestion, mostly punctuation and clarification: improved rendering & scalability? Not sure what is meant by extended lifetime? I do like the color contrast with number 3. Nice work! :Applause:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I have a suggestion, mostly punctuation and clarification: improved rendering & scalability?

Reduced text as you suggest.... :wink:

FSX_DX10PromoBlack.jpg

Very nice, Torium! Some talent showing here!

All the Best,

pj

No, it's ok, Torium - just my sense of humour. I understand perfectly well what Phil's remarks meant! It's absolutely fine!!

All the Best!

pj 

Ok. :P
English is not my native language.
So sometimes it can be difficult to detect linguistic nuances.

:drinks:

Here are a few 

7co6.jpg

imxo.jpg

rqqz.jpg

^_^  ^_^  ^_^