Sign in to follow this  
igneousrocklad

APU-To-Pack Takeoffs?

Just wanted to know if the "APU-To-Pack" option simulated in this version of the 777?

I had tried to set the plane up on a couple of flights but the Thrust Limit page didn't accept the command.

I am not sure if this is an airline option and certain planes don't have it or its just not simulated.

Its definitely in the FCOM which made me think it should be there.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

- Thanks for the help

Can you describe your exact steps?

Just before engine start I go to the thrust limit page and I type in APU just as the FCOM says and I line select it to the SEL area. I get a message that says Invalid Format instead of the APU armed indication I should get according to the FCOM. I am not sure its because I am typing it in wrong or something related to this being an carrier specific option.. 

I am not sure its because I am typing it in wrong or something related to this being an carrier specific option.. 

It's supposed to be standard on the LR...

I'll take a look when I get home to see if I can reproduce this.

Kyle Rodgers

Were you able to find out more about this Kyle?

Sorry - not yet.  Went out with family to celebrate my brother's birthday and got back late.

I'll load up now.

Kyle Rodgers

Okie Dokie!  :wink:

Yeah, using the steps in the FCOM I'm not getting it to work, so I'll pass it on up.

Kyle Rodgers

Don't mean to be lazy, but I am curious, are packs off an approved procedure in the 777?   I remember turning the packs off in the 767, I think I put off packs 2 and 3 with the 747, and there was no packs off procedure with the 737NG, but you could have the APU supply air conditioning on takeoff instead of the engines.

Yes packs off is approved, why wouldn't it be? I am curios as to why it we need to select Apu to pack in the FMC, performance can be calculated manually and the APU is required in some MEL procedures.

Anyone have an FCOM referance for this?

Cheers

Rob Prest

Anyone have an FCOM referance for this?

FCOM Vol 1 Chapter SP Section 2. There is a procedure titled "APU to Pack Takeoff".

The problem is not takeoff performance (FMC doesn't do these calculations anyway). What changes is that the pneumatic system will automatically configure to supply the packs with APU bleed air instead of engine bleed air, among other changes.