Sign in to follow this  
sjed

FTX Global 1.1 patch out

Looks like much more than that Trevor:

From their website:

• Improved 3D lights that perform even better FPS and more denser Vector Lights
  • Increased 3D lights size by 40% for further view distance and greater brightness (eventually we will release a 3D lights tuning app V2)
  • Edited 3D lights annotation for many urban textures previously missing lighting
  • Added intersection vehicle red tail lights, red/green traffic lights, and neon lights in commercial areas
  • Edits to autogendescriptions.spb to add missing compatibility for some SCO Scotland objects and also missing veg at KWYS
  • New landclass for the USA SW region to eradicate the "green deserts" and also add in the indigenous red desert in that region
  • New landclass for parts of Africa where pine trees are being shown instead of native African trees
  • FTX Global Uninstaller (already released separately) - http://www.orbxsyste...al-uninstaller/

Patch can be found here at the bottom of the first post:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64168-ftx-global-patch-110/

Chris Sunseri

Amazingly fast turn-around given the fixes done!

And as always, ORBX does well by its customers -- they changed the Africa landclass because I think _one_ customer requested an improvement from there, after providing good info on what looked wrong.

That wasn't necessary but a Nice to Have, and they waited to release until they did it.

Looks like much more than that Trevor:

From their website:

• Improved 3D lights that perform even better FPS and more denser Vector Lights
  • Increased 3D lights size by 40% for further view distance and greater brightness (eventually we will release a 3D lights tuning app V2)
  • Edited 3D lights annotation for many urban textures previously missing lighting
  • Added intersection vehicle red tail lights, red/green traffic lights, and neon lights in commercial areas
  • Edits to autogendescriptions.spb to add missing compatibility for some SCO Scotland objects and also missing veg at KWYS
  • New landclass for the USA SW region to eradicate the "green deserts" and also add in the indigenous red desert in that region
  • New landclass for parts of Africa where pine trees are being shown instead of native African trees
  • FTX Global Uninstaller (already released separately) - http://www.orbxsyste...al-uninstaller/

Patch can be found here at the bottom of the first post:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64168-ftx-global-patch-110/

Looks like I'll be downloading that one for sure! Thanks.

Holy Cow!  Arizona's Sonora Desert looks FANTASTIC...just coming to cruise from Tuscon to Chicago, in the 737....WOW!

Climbing out of Tuscon and viewing the desert scrub and sand colors was dead on, ORBX. Dead on...this rocks! The mountains surrounding the city looks like the real deal.

ORBX...again, KUDOS...it looks better than I can ever remember Arizona rendered in FSX!  Those that live in the South West should be just thrilled with this.....

Mitch

Holy Cow!  Arizona's Sonora Desert looks FANTASTIC...just coming to cruise from Tuscon to Chicago, in the 737....WOW!

Climbing out of Tuscon and viewing the desert scrub and sand colors was dead on, ORBX. Dead on...this rocks! The mountains surrounding the city looks like the real deal.

ORBX...again, KUDOS...it looks better than I can ever remember Arizona rendered in FSX!  Those that live in the South West should be just thrilled with this.....

Mitch

Pics!?!?  I haven't had a chance to install yet.

Pics!?!?  I haven't had a chance to install yet.

Sorry, I'll let somebody else better at it, to upload pics...but I just came back here to state that if this is what ORBX can achieve (presently at FL210 headed to Chicago) with a patch...OMG!   I lived for many years in Phoenix and know the Sonora very well.  This is amazing....with FSXG 1.10 being driven by UTX...simply life-like. OMG!

ORBX...WHEN, WHEN,WHEN, and WHEN...are those OpenLC's coming?!?!?!?!?!?    I'm ready to buy every one of 'em at the price you floated around.....so....BRING 'EM ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed, 

One Ecstatic and Happy Customer.....or simply, Mitch, whatever you prefer....lol!

has some got a actual download  link not just to the page

as not everyone uses thier forum

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

They certainly fixed the "green desert", but, the included North American landclass is pretty rough IMHO.  The entire town of Sedona, AZ is gone (not the airport), as are the red rocks there, and Flagstaff, AZ is now an ugly brown square.  Luckily deactivating their NA LC does not bring back the green desert for me, though Sedona's red rocks are still gone . . .

Joe Lorenc

Roger Roger, this patch is AWESOME! ....... Gold Leader out!