Sign in to follow this  
MalteB

Time Compression and FSGRW

Hello,

first of all i like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the whole PMDG Team for this insane Aircraft.

But i have a problem. I woul like to use the Time Compression together with FS Global Real Weather Engine. But when i make a right click on the CHR Button the the Compression enabled for approximately 5 seconds. (2x,4x,8x,4x,2x,normal). I guess it happened due to weather changes, so is there any chance to increase the tolerance for weather changes?

Or did i make something wrong?

Best regards,

Malte Beiderweiden

I guess it happened due to weather changes, so is there any chance to increase the tolerance for weather changes?

Yes.

Probably not.

They tuned it so that it could handle weather according to the limits of the AP processing.

Kyle Rodgers

Thx for your reply.

What is your weather program and what is your experience with it and time compression?

What is your weather program and what is your experience with it and time compression?

AS2012 - works just fine so far.  If anything weird happens, it drops to 1x, sorts itself and goes back to whatever level it can sustain.

Kyle Rodgers

with FS Global Real Weather Engine

What build version are you using? The current build is #14 and it should have less dynamic wind movement at cruising altitudes. Maybe this might help out?

I have the latest build already. But i think i should try AS2012.

@Jarkko: Do you have FSGRW? Do you have the same problem?

@Jarkko: Do you have FSGRW? Do you have the same problem?

I do have FSGRW, but I do not have the 777. Therefore I can't say if I have similar problems.

if you are still having trouble with FSGRW, maybe you could disable the dynamic wind movement? If all fails, the official FSGRW forum might be able to help out.

I was using the autocruise feature (very creative and I love it) but I was having trouble with it--I set it to a max of 8x and it would go to 1x, 2x, 4x--and then BAM 128x--next thing I know I am at 7000 feet off the magenta line about 200 miles from my waypoint!

It works fine when I set the fixed level to 4x but I can't get it to behave when I let it do it automatically--just did it the one flight so I will try again tonight see if it does it--might have been a flukey weather thing--other than that one issue I love the whole Autocruise Idea--

Jim Atkins

The auto time compression is a nice feature, but personally I prefer direct control set to 16x. True it's no where near as smooth, but the AP stays on and I get to where I'm going much quicker, which is the whole purpose of time compression in the first place. On Froogle's DNAA to Heathrow, about a 6 and a half hour  flight he used Auto compression set to 16X, but his effective compression was only 2.5 to 1. I just flew from KLAX to YSSY a 14+hr flight in about 1:30 hours. Yes she porpoised and didn't track well, but once turned off she recovers pretty quickly, and gets back on the planned flightpath. Not once did it lose track of where it was and back track to previous waypoints as has been issues in the past with TC. It's great that PMDG gave us both options. Did anyone notice you can bump the time factor up beyond that to 64X (Maybe higher) with the AP engaged? That's a first for FS!! Admittedly, she's a little too unstable at that speed, 

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I bet your fuel burn was inaccurate though and that is one of the reasons why this auto time compression feature was added, so that all parts of the simulation were able to work as designed. Its not just the visible functions that need to look right, its the invisible simulation stuff that needs babying too.

Cheers, Andy.

I bet your fuel burn was inaccurate though and that is one of the reasons why this auto time compression feature was added, so that all parts of the simulation were able to work as designed. Its not just the visible functions that need to look right, its the invisible simulation stuff that needs babying too.

That's true, I usually put a little extra in when I do that. If I'm trying to calculate accurate fuel burn, I will fly real time. So I can see where this auto cruise feature could be useful, if time is not really a factor. On the flight I just took Your still looking at about  a 6 hour flight time that way.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d