Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

The truth about FTX Global vs GEX World

Here is how FTX Global really looks at night over a Swedish town with 80 000 inhabitants.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-14-24-99.jpg

And this is the same city with GEX and UTX.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-54-3-181.jpg

No FSX bloom, ENB series or no post processing what ever.

And the FTX Global night lighting is very far from realistic. Nice Christmas Tree, but still not realistic. That's why I prefer GEX and UTX Europe ;-)

Ulf...same exactly with Detroit, Michigan. With GEX, it had the look of a town mostly near and about the Detroit River. But...with FSXG, the city of Detroit or the GDA (Greater Detroit Area) is MASSIVE, taking in all the 'burbs and counties, whether you fly E,W,N,S. Since the patch, I was flabergasted  in how truly 'real' Detroit now appears in FSX.  So, truly, there are marked differences in whether you choose to fly with GEX/UTX at the helm, or FSXG/UTX.  I have flown to most places that I have lived throughout my life, and they are absolutely more faithfully rendered with the textures of FSXG, than whatever I had before...actually; the latest version of GEX/UTX.  I feel that this one single add-on has truly made me feel I have the next-gen version of Microsoft Flight Simulator!  As to some persons feeling that OBRX is nickel and dime'ing them with separate needed-to-purchase OpenLC land class files, I say...their suggested cost is not a back-breaker, and I wish them wholeheartedly to have the financial incentive to keep on bringing stellar after-market products to RTM.  It is a business, and they have a right to fully exploit any earning potential from their efforts. They do not force anybody to buy in, and that is the true modifier...if you don't agree that the price point is warranted, you pass the product on by. Sales generated, will see the true settling of the asking price usually three months after release. Only early adopters pay the full ante. Same for all products....  I bought because I saw value for the expectancy. For myself, this product was a game-changer that has brought me back to FSX in a big way. I probably will buy all of the OpenLC's other than Africa, as I have actually never even dialed into that continent to date. Perhaps I will buy it later, if only to create a full house, but noted it in this post that we all will pick and choose as personally required.  FSXG, though?   The BEST, even if some 'play nice with other installed scenery software' is being noted. I have some in the Carib, (vegetation partially covering the airport and runway, etc) but can live with that, for the much greater excellence FSGX brings to my flight simulation plate.

Cheers,

Here is how FTX Global really looks at night over a Swedish town with 80 000 inhabitants.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-14-24-99.jpg

And this is the same city with GEX and UTX.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-54-3-181.jpg

No FSX bloom, ENB series or no post processing what ever.

And the FTX Global night lighting is very far from realistic. Nice Christmas Tree, but still not realistic. That's why I prefer GEX and UTX Europe ;-)

I dont get this, makes no sense, those shots are totally worthless and can't prove any point other than vector roads and landclass make FSX look more real if that is your point.

If you want to shiow a "true" Apples to Apples comparison, then either show FTXG with UTX as well or dont show it all.

In other words, just show GEX vs FTXG because anything else is not a comparison. GEX and FTXG are texture replacements that can both be used with UTX. UTX is something FTXG never can be, is not promoted to be and not to be expected.

As for the lighting, ORBX have stated there will be a light configuring tool, so that you can show what you want (and still without the FPS hit vs the other lights).

I agree, a comparison with GEX+UTX versus FTXG is ridiculous

If you going to compare  shots at least have the same addons  etc  with each shot, not  going  to be the same as the above posters  have  posted

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Funny how a thread with the title containing the words 'The Truth' doesn't mention one product will cost more than double to get the same coverage.

Fox-Bat I did mention the price difference between the two being 2-3 times more for the same coverage with GEX, I shall help you find this in my post, next time please read with more care...

The biggest downside to the GEX + UTX combo is that you inherently end up paying 2-3 times more than you would for the coverage in FTX Global.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Apologies - my mistake. Re read the whole post and yes I did indeed miss that sentence. I think I learnt my lesson.  Also Just for the record - I don't own either GEX or FTX-G yet but interested in hearing about both for now.

Aliens must be aliens, not another conspiracy. If you dont want FTGX dont buy it, if your flighst sim looks like poop and you wonder why no one is fixing it, . wellll.

you like it or not

you have a lot of good knowledge. things could be different.

have fun and a satisfying weekend of flightsim. see you around.

大同小異

FTXG is great and i highly recommend it.  However, it makes the world way way too green.  Anyone know when the will have a patch to address this?

I'm waiting for Orbx to address this as well. The areas of Canada that I fly looked so unrealistic with FTX Global that I reverted back to GEX.

Gex  is backed by Flight 1 refund policy 30 days.

try before you buy.

ZORAN

Yes the refund policy of Flight 1 is neat, and they deserve credit for that. Haven't yet needed refund from them, bought UTX and the King Air and I'm very satisfied with those products. :rolleyes:

Thanks but I dont want PR shots, I want to see what users are seeing

That's what it looks like.

Just stay with gex and utx they are not rogue like ftx is. GEX will be improved anways but it plays well with other add-on free or payware.

So does FTXG in 99.999% of cases.

Its like the same 5 people must go into every FTXG thread and convince themselves that their $200+ investment in GEX is still superior.

FXTG, two sides every story, overwrites default files its well known. Orbx never plays by the rules

What problems has this caused for you may I ask?

Maybe I can help you with your issues if you feel that Orbx has messd up something on your setup... Everything can be fixed you know ....