Sign in to follow this  
dravid kenyala

Tail strike Ecl. How to do it?

Hi all. PmdgT7 is awesome. I have one query here. While I am departing from airport I have over rotated and Tailstrike has occurred and immediately on Eicas corresponding MSG appeared and Ecl is gone to non normal thing and Tailstrike checklist has appeared. According to checklist the pressurisation should be turned to manual and it is done by pulling the knob and outflow valves should be off which is done by clicking on two valves.

The second step is where I cannot able to do what is given in Ecl. It has mentioned to keep open the valves by holding them for certain period of time until open warning is displayed.

How do I do that? The both switches in pressurisation part has two side flip switches (open and close labelled on left and right of each flip switch). I am just asking i have to hold both switches at the same time for few sec. I have tried each switch flipped to open for few seconds but Ecl shows not clear of second step in checklist. Just a question.

Another thing regarding master caution light throughout the flight, I selected c&d state at startup and I see no master caution light problem after engines running and during inflight. But problem came 2 me only when I loaded c&d state from engines running.

The indication for the outflow valve position will appear on the upper engine display when you pull the knob out. Hold those switches until the valve needles drive to open. :)

Chuck Biggins

The indication for the outflow valve position will appear on the upper engine display when you pull the knob out. Hold those switches until the valve needles drive to open. :)

U mean those two flip switches right? I have tried by flipping to left (open) position for few seconds but i haven't checked Eicas and needle only watching Ecl whether the 2 nd step will turn green or not. Thanks Man.

The valves takes quite a while to move from closed to open so all you can do is hold them at open in turn and check on the upper eicas screen to see when they are vertical.

But problem came 2 me only when I loaded c&d state from engines running.

It's a known issue for the c/d panel.