Sign in to follow this  
aerofan

Trim problem

hi everybody

i don't know why the trim when i'm on cruise altitude automatically set to nose down...

any idea?

P.S. i'm sorry form my english

Please give us more information about what modes of control you are using. LNAV/VNAV? Is the aircraft not holding commanded altitude?

I've not seen any problems reported with trim yet.

You english is good enough, maybe a picture?

Dan Downs KCRP

Please give us more information about what modes of control you are using. LNAV/VNAV? Is the aircraft not holding commanded altitude? I've not seen any problems reported with trim yet. You english is good enough, maybe a picture?

Yes, i'm using LNAV but no VNAV. as you can see the aircraft is holding the selected altitude of 34000ft and the trim is totally set to nose down.

Even if i try to pull it up, when I release the lever, it return to nose down position

Now i notice a second problem, when an alarm start to ring and I solve it, it disappear from the ECAM display but it continue to ring and there is no way to stop it.

24e7y14.jpg

YES,

I have the same problem.. trouble shooting as we speak

Lever?

You are trimming with the lever?

Have you tried using the trim switches on the yoke?

Also, 34000ft...are you manually flying up there....because if AP is on you can not trim and you should not have to either.

EDIT: I just looked at your pic. Your AP is engaged so no manual trimming possible nor required.

The reason your trim is so far nose down must be due to wrong loading of the aircraft.

Try a new flight and use PMDG programmed loading. Dont manually put values in for pax, and cargo unless you know how to balance the aircraft. I usually just put my required weight in and let the FMC devide that weight as it wants/needs.

Rob Robson

Hi...

I had the very same problem...

I have a Cessna trim wheel...when I would trim the plane.. the actual trim tab next to the spoiler handle would automatically go 100% forward/nose down.. so if you have the Cessna trim wheel.. don't use it.. just use the trim on your yoke... and to prevent it from going nose done.. put your cursor on the trim tab in the VC and bring it back to the middle/neutral....

100% worked for me

DRover