Sign in to follow this  
JRHdez

FSX ERROR: INVALID HARDWARE OR DRIVER DECTECTED

Hey guys,

Just installed the PMDG777 and was ready to fly it.

When start fsx.exe I get the following error: 
"This graphics card does not meet minimun requirements for shader support. This produc requires a geForce3/Radeon8500 class or better graphics. Flight Simulator will now exit."

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: g3d.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb58
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00096a23
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

I have GeForce GTX 650. 2GB GDDR5 (or 1GB don't remember but still I think is enough to run FSX).

I installed version 320.49 and then got this error.  Tried to find Tabs post about Inspector but didn't find anything. Internet? ANYTHING. Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks.

This is not an error coming from the 777 - that's coming from FSX and Windows.

Yeah, I definitely know that... Just wanted some help with the error. I wrote that because just when I was way too excited about flying this bird, it happened. Any other suggestions? 

Try reinstalling your gfx card driver.

Try deleting your fsx.cfg file. Make a backup so you can put it back if it didnt sole your issue.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Try reinstalling your gfx card driver.

Try deleting your fsx.cfg file. Make a backup so you can put it back if it didnt sole your issue.

None of this options worked... I already installed 3.14 rebooted... FSX.CFG is not rebuilding neither. HELPPPP!!!

I was reading about a SP2 Problem... but I dont understand why this sh*t is happening if I de-installed the new drivers... 

If you have system restore enabled,try setting back to yesterday,or whenever it worked last.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If you have system restore enabled,try setting back to yesterday,or whenever it worked last.

wouldnt that affect the pmdg installation? 

Yes,it would,but right now,you can't fly anything.Either try that or,,,FSX and possibly Windows needs an installation.

I would go for the system restore first.

Jude Bradley