Sign in to follow this  
emann072

AlacrityPC - Win xp - Set to Recommended Action

Hi,

I am trying to set up AlacrityPC on a winxp 32 bit version to increase a bit performance for my fsx.

In the instructions for the profile i note that in the editing section, at the bottom of the window, you can see Set to Recommend Action....however in the window i get on my pc this recommendation is no where to be seen and I am afraid to go ahead and manipulate anything without having any knowledge on the processes...this is completely chinese to me...

so my question..any idea how to get this Set to Recommended Action to be seen please...or better still...anyone has a good profile for winxp 32 bit to run fsx.

many thanks

emann

thanks for the link but that is exactly what I am following and in part of it, one screen shot shows Set to Recommended Action....this part is not visible in my window and i have no clue from where to get it...also there is no email for the author of this link where i can contact him :(

any other help much appreciated.

I assume you refer to the screenshot which shows the BlackViper web page, if so when I try that I get a 404 error, page not found.

The only solution I can think of is to search the internet either for a web site that will explain each Windows service and if it can be shut down or search for each individual service.

There is a similar program called Enditall but that doesn't appear to recommended actions.

Added: Try this bit of BlackViper's site for recommended actions for XP 32bit SP3. Search his site for similar configurations for other OS.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-xp-x86-32-bit-service-pack-3-service-configurations/

bumping this thread again....

please anyone using it with winxp 32 bit version....possible to send me his settings file...i still have no clue which ones i can shut down or not without compromising the winxp stability and instead of running fsx smoother it wont run at all!!

tnx