Sign in to follow this  
PowerDrag

Printable Manuals?

I read that the 777 manuals are not able to be printed. Also DRAFT is written on all the pages. Is this a long term deal or just for the moment?

I really hope that the manuals will be printable in the future (near). This really is the only thing stopping me from purchasing.

There are ways to unlock the PDF files.....I recommend buying a tablet and reading on those.

Buying a tablet adds slightly to the purchase cost :D but I also fully recommend it! It's a perfect fit on the iPad and hopefully the Virtual CDU for iPad and Android will support the T7! That would be a blast!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My understanding is that you can print a copy for your own use.  What you cannot do, is DUPLICATE (ie mass print) them.

spacer.png

There is nothing stopping you from printing them...  Take them to a printing center on a USB flash drive and tell them you want the manuals printed and binded.  It'll be a little pricey, though.

The FCOM, FCTM and QRH have printing restrictions applied within the pdf although, as others have noted, there are ways to remove these restrictions that I won't discuss here.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ok not so cool then. Why wasn't this an issue with the NGX then?
I absolutely hate anything and everything to do with tablets. Paper manuals for me thanks!

Tablets look so tacky in cockpits!
Hope draft is removed soon too.

Or do like I do and use hotel printers.  Since I spend so much time on the road, I use their printers instead of my own to print out them big 500 page manuals.  Most usually have a decent enough printer to get the job done.   I think I hear another redwood in California falling....timberrrrr.

Chris Sunseri

There is nothing stopping you from printing them...  Take them to a printing center on a USB flash drive and tell them you want the manuals printed and binded.  It'll be a little pricey, though.

I'm not sure why, but I took some NGX manuals to Kinko's once and they told me I had to get permission from Boeing haha.

I ordered them through another company online and everything went through okay. It does get quite pricey though. Which is why I just ordered them this time around for the T7. Plus, they look alot better than if you were to print them yourself.