Sign in to follow this  
tcas_climb

Compact Engine Display

So i learned a little trick to display all engine instruments on the upper EICAS and i thought i would share it with you all.

1. Make sure the Lower display is blanked/off OR not on the secondary engine display page.

2. Set the display select panel to either the L INBD or R INBD

3. Depending on which side you select on the display select panel, rotate the INBOARD DSPL knob to EICAS

4. Press the ENG button on the display select panel

5. Set the INBOARD DSPL switch back to MFD position.

6. Set the display select panel back to LWR CTR

7. Profit!

To go back to the non compact mode just press the ENG button on the display select panel.

Hi Bryan,

Want to thank you for sharing this tip. I saw this in the AeroLogic Blueray and since 30 min. I try to figure out how it works in my 777. Searched 2 min. here and found your tip.

Works like a charm. Kudos for you :).

Best regards,

Ben

Hi Bryan,

Want to thank you for sharing this tip. I saw this in the AeroLogic Blueray and since 30 min. I try to figure out how it works in my 777. Searched 2 min. here and found your tip.

Works like a charm. Kudos for you :).

Best regards,

Ben

You can see Cpt. Joe Moser actually perform this trick on the BluRay during departure out of HKG.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Cool... Thanx.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Thanks for the tips, I saw in in some other people's screen shot and was scratching my head how to do it  :P

Francis Leung

Greetings from Down Under

Or you could simply fail the lower DU. :wink: However this way you can still use the lower DU for other systems or checklists. Good tip.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Video version: 

Thanks for this tip! I remember reading this months ago and completely forgot about it :)

Alaister Kay

I have been asking and searching how to do this after I accidentally did this a couple of times.

Good work ^_^

Harry Sung