Sign in to follow this  
sofence

RNAV Approach issues

Probably, I don't love reading, even when it's about PMDG's aircraft, but I read a bit of the FCOM :P

And no problem for the missed approach altitude and all that stuff I can handle it... I thinks ;)

Just to make something clear in my mind, on the RNAV approach charts, I see LPV (stand for Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance) I read a bit and I saw : 

LPV approaches take advantage of the refined accuracy of WAAS 

lateral and vertical guidance to provide an approach very similar 
to a Category I ILS

Is this your 'Iron' mode EGLL77W? Or am I wrong once again?

Is this your 'Iron' mode EGLL77W? Or am I wrong once again?

Negative.... If you use Nav Perf option (RNP/ANP scales on PFD/ND) then on RNAV's, the scales give indications that are just as or more accurate than the ILS. 

I never used the feature in the NGX personally - but I think it was called 'Iron' mode or something.

I think you are referring to the IAN "Integrated Approach Navigation" in the 737. It computes a vertical decent path for you and allows you to fly a non-precision approach using the same procedures as you use for an ILS. It is actually a pretty cool feature but (to the OP) it is dangerous to assume that it is implemented in the 777 just becuase the 737 has it. :smile2:

John Sturm

I think you are referring to the IAN "Integrated Approach Navigation" in the 737. It computes a vertical decent path for you and allows you to fly a non-precision approach using the same procedures as you use for an ILS. It is actually a pretty cool feature but (to the OP) it is dangerous to assume that it is implemented in the 777 just becuase the 737 has it. :smile2:

That is the post that make my mind clear thanks! Now I understand and i'll read all the FCOM, I will now mark this post solved ;)