Sign in to follow this  
KriVa

The PMDG 777 Livery thread

Rolled out of the paint hangar, snapped some pics of her while the ground crew inspects and preps her for her delivery flight to Rome sometime tomorrow.

I'm thinking once I've flown her for a while, I'll release another paint of her all weathered up, and looking like she's been to some fun places. :lol:

I'll upload this shiny new version when I'm enroute over the Atlantic.

2014-5-17_2-30-58-77.png

2014-5-17_2-21-39-814.png

2014-5-17_2-32-32-838.png

2014-5-17_2-27-26-713.png

2014-5-17_2-24-31-211.png

Regards,

Steve Dra

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

We all need you to do this flight immediately as we are almost out of patient  :P . As far as she looks, it's simply perfect Steve.

For those who've never uploaded a file to Avsim and we're curious about the process...this is the page you want to get to:

Image9.jpg

Once at this screen..you click the "Finish the upload procedure". I've done that...it's now in the the library manager's hands. :rolleyes:

Here is the release photo: (Sorry, the optimization process really degrades the picture...she looks lovely in FSX.)

b2a6ce62-8dca-4041-9975-ec46ff28f20c.jpg

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Lufthansa 777-200LR "Fanhansa" Special Livery for the World Cup 2014. First 2 aircraft have already been painted in this livery, A321 D-AIDG and 747-8 D-ABYO. There will be 3 747-8, 2 A330/340 and 3 A320 familiy in this livery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqb4zdhphpzh7cg/2014-5-17_21-31-8-427.BMP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptatewn3583d0yw/2014-5-17_21-31-20-742.BMP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeaabrecld32lup/2014-5-17_21-31-57-2.BMP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ieafvtrobsbp3/2014-5-17_21-32-9-119.BMP

Landor....maybe.....

828143f7-e745-4c23-92b2-36bba01f51cc.jpg

Just trying to get the blue just right on all the parts is a monumental task...as any dark livery is.

This one will take a while to get right...and I probably won't fly her that much.  But I know this livery is much adored by our British simmers, and I agree that it was the most elegant scheme of all the BA liveries.

I'll see if there is a lot of interest in this one to determine if I'll spend a ton of time trying to paint this one right.  :rolleyes:

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

"I'll see if there is a lot of interest in this one to determine if I'll spend a ton of time trying to paint this one right.  :rolleyes:"

PLEASSSSSSSSE spend as much time as it takes :) - and while I would love to have a factory fresh looking coat of paint, I'd rather she was a little dirty and greasey on the wings, after all it does rain a lot over here lol

Alaister Kay

"I'll see if there is a lot of interest in this one to determine if I'll spend a ton of time trying to paint this one right.  :rolleyes:"

PLEASSSSSSSSE spend as much time as it takes :) - and while I would love to have a factory fresh looking coat of paint, I'd rather she was a little dirty and greasey on the wings, after all it does rain a lot over here lol

Sounds like there is at least one person who's interested.  :lol:   Fortunately, that meets the minimum requirement to continue a paint...especially one I like as well. LoL

I'll throw some dirt on her...and for replying with your interest in this paint Alaister, I'll let you beta test the paint for me.  I need some eyes on it that have probably seen the Landor paint in real life.  As a Yank, I never had the chance to.  I'll rely on you to help me get the blue looking right, and any other details you might know about BA's classiest livery.

Send me a PM with an email address that can handle a file size of 12-14mbs.

I'll send you the first version of it when I get some more paint on her.  Won't be tonight...I'm taking the night off from the paint shop...taking a FedEx flight from KLAS to KMSP.

I'll send you the modified tail on my FedEx if you want to check it out as well...just let me know.

92d2d6e7-6695-4a28-a0b7-30e60dc421c5.png

Regards,

Steve Dra

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'll send you the modified tail on my FedEx if you want to check it out as well...just let me know.

I sure would be interested as well. I have had a hard time finding a tail that matches real FedEx colors. Your rendition looks great. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Outstanding work Steve!

Might you consider this work of art (another freighter livery of course) B)

http://www.titanaviationltd.com/

Actually...YES!  You caught me at a really good time.  I've been looking for more freighters to paint on the 777.  I've never considered myself a "Freight Dog", but I have to admit the more I think about it, the more I've always liked the notion of flying stuff around that never complains, you never have to emergency divert for because they got too drunk and rowdy, or hear endless complaints when you're delayed for reasons beyond your control.    Freight just sits there...never complains, and never gets drunk! :lol:

Add to this I really like green, and I can see this livery on our beloved 777 in the future.  

One condition you must agree to before I even consider it...you must agree that this repaint was MY idea, and you just requested it before I had a chance to preview it to show I was painting it.  This will serve as evidence that I am NOT out of retirement, and will not spend countless long hours trying to paint every livery out there. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :Silly:  

I'm painting this one because I want it for my own personal enjoyment, not as a user request, but like always, will be sharing it with my flight sim community if they want to enjoy it as well.  :wink2:

Send me an IM with an email address that can handle a 11-15mb file and I'll let you "inspect" it before I upload it to Avsim.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Same here....I've never heard the freight complain once and I plan to keep it that way :lol:

One condition you must agree to before I even consider it...you must agree that this repaint was MY idea, and you just requested it before I had a chance to preview it to show I was painting it.

Funny you mention that Steve because I always knew green was one of your favorite colors.  Glad I could make a request that coincidentally you were already working on anyways.  Do I have ESP or what B)

Thanks a bazillion and an IM coming your way shortly

Chris Sunseri

Now here is a hybrid livery you don't see to often  :LMAO:

88017b4a-f1b7-44b0-9697-403307541fd6.png

Again, getting colors right is not as easy as you'd think, and I spend a lot of time getting to look right in all lighting conditions.

Landor is getting her tail worked on too.  :wink:

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That's a sweet looking hybrid Steve!

Chris Sunseri

us Brits also loved Britannia airways, before TUI/ Thomson got their hands on the livery

Landor....maybe.....

828143f7-e745-4c23-92b2-36bba01f51cc.jpg

Just trying to get the blue just right on all the parts is a monumental task...as any dark livery is.

This one will take a while to get right...and I probably won't fly her that much.  But I know this livery is much adored by our British simmers, and I agree that it was the most elegant scheme of all the BA liveries.

I'll see if there is a lot of interest in this one to determine if I'll spend a ton of time trying to paint this one right.  :rolleyes:

Regards,

Steve Dra

You certainly have my interest! I miss this livery. :rolleyes: