Sign in to follow this  
KriVa

The PMDG 777 Livery thread

Reminding myself I'm "retired" from painting (In reality, its PMDG's fault for making a plane I can't stop flying, LoL), I'll take a look at it and see if it's something I can throw together quickly. I have 12 hour shifts coming next week, so no time for anything but sleeping and work.

If I do paint her, do I get to pick the tail picture?  :biggrin:

She'll be behind Landor if I do decide to do her.

Regards,

Steve Dra

I sent you a PM

If I could get the "R" in ATLAS AIR looking right I'd release her...anyone know the font this use...or better yet..HAVE the font?  :Praying:

e3b383e6-e6b6-4bf6-996b-c783d86c15c5.png

2e15c42d-0e62-4321-8f9a-2769424a586d.png

087db596-c8df-4850-99ed-d9b44b743bb9.png

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

You'll be flying her this weekend Ralf.

Beautiful shots. Thank you so much.

Steve Dra, here have a good "R"!
http://www.brandsoft.../logo/atlas-air

Well, soon on Avsim library!

Thanks Gustavo!  I looked at that font and the eps file wasn't created correctly, when you scale it up, even to 1200 dpi its still jaggy.  I'll probably wind up makin my own font. 

Your Biman looks great...Very nice livery!

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

For the Atlas Air logo, I just send you two images by email in higher resolution with their logo. Don't know if they are any help getting the 'R' right...

Thanks Gustavo! I looked at that font and the eps file wasn't created correctly, when you scale it up, even to 1200 dpi its still jaggy. I'll probably wind up makin my own font

And now for something completely different....

I got a request from someone asking me how I create photo tails, and instead of getting into a lengthy description with screens on how I do it, I thought I'd join the 21st century and create my 1st youtube video.  :LMAO:

I thought painting was hard!  Hehe, I can't say it was that hard to create and publish the video, but when it's your 1st time it seems pretty daunting...just like painting was when I decided to teach myself how to do it years ago.  Now it's second nature and I'm sure if there is enough interest in learning how I create the paints I do with a $29 dollar paint program (I use Paintshop vs Photoshop), I'll create more videos and after a while it should become second nature as well.

Anyway, here is the video, recorded in Captivate and using my laptop's built -in mic.  Yeah I should probably invest in a real mic if I take up posting videos on a regular basis.

Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/0zsCmBiCnSE

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi there.

Just wanted to show some photos of a T7 repaint i just made.

Inspired by the Boeing P-8 Poseidon, i made a T7 with RNOAF textures.

No need to say that its fictional? 

4C4cYGm.jpg

The color is Titanium Grey and to get the right matt finnish, i had to import the Spec files from Texture.Common and edit the Alpha channel in them.

1Q9LTxW.jpg

In Norway its a tradition to name newer Military Aircraft with old names from Nothern Mythologi, and this one i callen Fjorgyn who was the mother of the Thunder God Thor with the Hammer.

CRIFPFP.jpg

This paint has a lot of small details that dont show up before you zoom in on the body.

Im not gonna show any of those here now, if want to find out, just download the paint and walk around.

Another thing i did was to paint the whole cockpit.

I dont fancy the creemy colors of the default VC, so i made a darker more manly look of it. More like the NGX  :rolleyes:

jaVFxwY.jpg

FF1XnMY.jpg

YSbJnHC.jpg

N0x2mj4.jpg

This cockpit was specially painted to Fjorgyn, but its no problemos to use it on any other livery or all of them if you choose that.

Just follow the Read Me file and your good to go.

I just uploaded both the outside textures and the VC to http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/2-ozx-paints/

They are still pending but hopefully they soon will be available to download.

Hope you like the job.

Enjoy.

Regards Ø.

• Upvote 3

Hi there.

Just wanted to show some photos of a T7 repaint i just made.

Inspired by the Boeing P-8 Poseidon, i made a T7 with RNOAF textures.

No need to say that its fictional? 

4C4cYGm.jpg

The color is Titanium Grey and to get the right matt finnish, i had to import the Spec files from Texture.Common and edit the Alpha channel in them.

1Q9LTxW.jpg

In Norway its a tradition to name newer Military Aircraft with old names from Nothern Mythologi, and this one i callen Fjorgyn who was the mother of the Thunder God Thor with the Hammer.

CRIFPFP.jpg

This paint has a lot of small details that dont show up before you zoom in on the body.

Im not gonna show any of those here now, if want to find out, just download the paint and walk around.

Another thing i did was to paint the whole cockpit.

I dont fancy the creemy colors of the default VC, so i made a darker more manly look of it. More like the NGX  :rolleyes:

jaVFxwY.jpg

FF1XnMY.jpg

YSbJnHC.jpg

N0x2mj4.jpg

This cockpit was specially painted to Fjorgyn, but its no problemos to use it on any other livery or all of them if you choose that.

Just follow the Read Me file and your good to go.

I just uploaded both the outside textures and the VC to http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/2-ozx-paints/

They are still pending but hopefully they soon will be available to download.

Hope you like the job.

Enjoy.

Regards Ø.

I like it!

Hi peoples,

Is there any painter out there that is willing to make N701DN and N708DN of Delta, with the special nose titles on the bird.

I been wanting to do some ATL to JNB rotations with all the different Delta birds.

Myself and many other would greatly appreciate your efforts and art if one would create these beautifull birds

RGS,

Rave CARGO kicked out of the paintshop....

2014-6-3_17-49-3-375.jpg

2014-6-3_17-48-5-838.jpg

2014-6-3_17-49-43-347.jpg

Not sure why the pics are blurry....will have to investigate that.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG 777" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Some one who has the time and skills to make this one for the 777-200? :) 

Modell_WP_B733_200.jpg