Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Brakes Wont Release

Not sure if it is me doing something wrong. Attempting my first flight via the Tutorial #1.

Have followed the Tutorial #1 to the letter, but after seeing THR REF and being able to advance the throttle as instructed, I cannot seem to get the Parking Brakes to release despite setiing a button on the MS Force Feedback2 joystick, and advancing the throttle makes no difference. I'm stuck at Rwy 18 at VRMM.

Any ideas, please? Thanks.

Did you remove the chocks?

DOH!!!!!!............................shoot me!

Check your ground connections or switch into an outside view to check if the chocks are there.

The Tutorial is with engines running, but as I had opted for a C&D panel, I had to go through the start, hence clean slipped up with the chocks, etc.

Will a 100 lines punishment do? Sorry guys.

Yes 100 lines of I will read the introduction or I will follow the tutorial exactly will suffice. :-D

Five whips!! LOL

Luke, our Beta Hero, did not know you had a cruel streak in you!!

On a serious note though, having bought the CS version a couple of weeks ago in that 9.99 sell-off just to familiarise myself, boy, this bird is like the difference between chalk and cheese. And all due thanks on behalf of those who appreciated your lead-in post.

Yes 100 lines

Just started..............er--rr ..........pen ran out!!

If Jane does not give this a double Platinum in her review, I'll ask PC Pilot for my money back

Luke, our Beta Hero, did not know you had a cruel streak in you!!

Normally my job, right?  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Yes Kyle.  You are still resident A-hole  :lol:

A badge I wear proudly...kind of...you know...the blockbuster hit kind of story where the "tough love" coach is a complete a-hole, but secretly feels bad about it, while still justifying it because he thinks it helps people in the end?

Yeah...that...

...oops...did I just give away internal conflict and show emotion on the forum?  Better NyQuil out again and hope my cold is finally in the past by morning...

Kyle Rodgers

Better NyQuil out again and hope my cold is finally in the past by morning...

You've got a summer cold too, eh?  I've got one.  They suck.  NyQuill to the rescue.  Slept like a baby last night.  

You've got a summer cold too, eh?  I've got one.  They suck.  NyQuill to the rescue.  Slept like a baby last night.  

I think it's transition allergies.  I always get something weird this time of year, so my bet is allergies, but I also rarely ever go to the doctor to confirm, so who knows...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

Oooops-sa-.......Kyle. That's another 100 lines for me(have to go to the stationers) for completely forgetting to acknowledge your Beta part too alongside Luke. Equal kudo s to you too. Boy, getting worked up for the arrival of the T7 and getting old does not help.Sorry.

Best Home Cure for a cold: chop a piece of ginger, put in a tea strainer, pour boiling hot water over it into a cup/mug to make a ginger tea. Add honey, and a pinch of tumeric. A good stir. The honey clears the phlegm. Works a treat.

That's another 100 lines for me(have to go to the stationers) for completely forgetting to acknowledge your Beta part too alongside Luke.

haha - none necessary.  I had my own blunder on the Beta email list yesterday...had to smack myself with the manual for not having RTFM...

Best Home Cure for a cold: chop a piece of ginger, put in a tea strainer, pour boiling hot water over it into a cup/mug to make a ginger tea. Add honey, and a pinch of tumeric. A good stir. The honey clears the phlegm. Works a treat.

Looks like I'll need to run by the grocer...

Kyle Rodgers