Sign in to follow this  
bensmini

2D Availability

Quick question, is there a 2D panel on this plane.  When I open it on FSX I get a view of the ground with no plane innards as would be normal.  When I press "A" I get the start of VC, so is VC the only means of flying?

Ben Metcalfe

When I press "A" I get the start of VC, so is VC the only means of flying?

That is correct.

@Ben

There are some 2D panels to cycle through. I have been an aficionado of 2D panels since FS5 days and thought I'd never ever get used to flying with VC, and adamantly refused to convert. But then I did when it was a case of pay-a-lot-and-fly, or pay-a-lot-and-park-up. I chose to learn how to use and get accustomed to VC. Never looked back since.

May I suggest you give it a try. It may grow on you like it did with me.

I used to completely ignore the VC as well. Then I decided to try it in the MD-11 one day and I haven't look back.

I respect the opinion of the community in regard to VC compared to 2D. I'm personally accostumed to fly 2D and for me it is difficult to think adapting to fly in VC without having a special equipment like trackIR or similar. I would have preffered PMDG to offer us the option to use either 2D or VC thru an option selectable from a configuration file and then the choice is ours. I feel the product is excellent but a little bit short of being the best due to the lack of a 2D panel option. Maybe for the future... not far away I hope !!!

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I was a long time 2d pilot until the NGX came out. I can't handle 2d anymore. Too restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Thanks for the answer guys. Unfortunately a stroke a few years ago did a number on my right arm and hand so the real need for two hands entailed in running VC makes it a problem. If I had known would probably have passed on the 777 but now my wife says for a 100 bucks I better learn how to fly it!

"off we go in to the wild blue yon....." Ben Metcalfe

I believe there are controllers that have a hat on the left-hand side (my Saitek X52 Pro has). You could perhaps take a look into that.

Also, TrackIR (admittedly, that would require more $$$) could be a solution for you.