Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

VC FPS Poll

What do you think you average for frames in the VC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe are your average frames in the VC?

• Time to upgrade. 10-13 fps
    • Could be better. 14-17 fps
    • Not too terrible. 18-21 fps
    • Hey, this isn't bad! 22-26
    • My machine is a beast! 26 fps or greater

The other thread is getting somewhat hard to follow and keep track up. This is just a simple poll to see what you guys believe you're averaging to feed my curiosity. 

Personally, I'm on the edge of 20-23 in flight.

Stealth Machines 4.3 Ghz, Liquid cooled, 990X cpu, two 590 GTX cards.  30-50 fps in 777 VC.

Paul Gugliotta

Stealth Machines 4.3 Ghz, Liquid cooled, 990X cpu, two 590 GTX cards.  30-50 fps in 777 VC.

Impressive. I am oc'd at 4.5 and not getting anywhere near that. My system is bottlenecked somewhere, I just don't know where. 

The other thread is getting somewhat hard to follow and keep track up. This is just a simple poll to see what you guys believe you're averaging to feed my curiosity. 

Personally, I'm on the edge of 20-23 in flight.

I don't think this poll tells us much actually.

Obviously there will be a range of frame rates dependent on the capabilities of the kit we have.

Would be better to ask people how it performs in relation to the NGX. That would be more relevant.

I've had one hicup during first flight, a SFO pushback (AES) while AS2012 was loading new weather hit 14 for a few seconds in the VC.  But the rest of taxi and takeoff was 22-34 and right after takeoff looking into downtown San Fran and the Golden Gate was is the 50's.

Left DFW awhile ago for DBX as with my first flight and taxi and takeoff at DFW was again in the range of 22-34.

Landing at DBX was solid 25-30.  I might report back my next DBX landing as I'm on my way there from DFW now. Only 8 hours to go!

EDIT: NGX vs T7, I think I'm getting a few more frames with the T7 but nothing major.

I don't think this poll tells us much actually.

Obviously there will be a range of frame rates dependent on the capabilities of the kit we have.

Would be better to ask people how it performs in relation to the NGX. That would be more relevant.

Exactly and I completely agree. I thought about reminding those who read this that there will be plenty of deciding factors as to what your performance will be, but I didn't. Just about everyone displays their PC specs in some form. 

What I found some time ago with the NGX was that I needed to stop looking at fps, and start thinking about whether I had a smooth flight.

Both NGX and 777 are generally very smooth for me.  I had a little stuttering in the T7 tonight at EGLL with ORBX England and a bunch of MTX traffic around.

But my frames (12 - 30 fps despite a liquid cooled and stable 4.5ghz processor, a modern GC and lotsa RAM) are rarely impressive.  My overall experience, however, is good.  I think that's what matters.

Paul Skol

I7 2700K not OC'd.  GTX660 2GB.

26FPS +

Everything maxed except Autogen back a notch, water Low 2x.  Bloom off Traffic 20%.

FSX only machine.

Impressive. I am oc'd at 4.5 and not getting anywhere near that. My system is bottlenecked somewhere, I just don't know where. 

I have a similar rig, running at 4.8 on liquid cooling, with one vid card, and I get that performance in cruise or at several thousand feet above default scenery.  I'm in the high teens and low twenties on final into a busy airport, taxiing and take off. 

That's why I don't like this poll.  In cruise you can make even old out of date machines seem like rockets.

In cruise you can make even old out of date machines seem like rockets.

Agreed. With clear skies, I can lock in the VC. Throw a few clouds in the mix and it drops down to the teens.

Actually for me I am runnning FSX on a lousy desktop machine with not the best hardware around. So I select my VC to the not high resolution one(the default flightsim function) and due to the already very high and crisp instrument displays of the PMDG B777 VC, most of the items are still quite clearly visible but it helps keep my FPS smoother. A couple of slightly blurry textures but I personally am looking out more for an overall package so it`s alright.

Regards,
Darren Liw