Sign in to follow this  
anthony99

Question about ground power

Hi guys

Im just wondering can you have ground power available when you load the sim instead of selecting it in the FMC? I did a search on the manuals and I didn't find anything. Thanks.

Sure. Set up the conditions you want then save the panel state. Panel states are discussed in the intro.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi. Im finding it difficult to do this. I want it load cold and dark with ground power. i did your instructions but im confused. If you dont mind can you give me instructions on how to do this thanks! 

If you want to load cold and dark then save a flight in that state and load it next time you start FSX. I have mine set up on ground air/power at gate D-10 KIAH ready for preflight. The difference between the FSX save and load method and the panel state method is the FSX save also saves a panel state but you load at the saved location. With the panel state method you start from free flight anyplace and then load the panel state to get the configuration you want. Your preference.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan is there anyway to get ground power connected from a total cold and dark scenario?  when i engage the battery switch on the overhead it doesnt bring up the cdu

so i can connect ground power, i always have to start the APU

thx for any help

John C

Hammer, read the introduction. It discuss holding down the cdu menu key to turn it on in a powered down state.

Ok thx Men. i kinda glanced at it but not thoroughly. gonna give it a complete read tonight

thx again

John C