Sign in to follow this  
julian2

777 Community Livery Availability Thread

There are no stairs with the 777 as in reality. You can get them with gsx or aes payware addons. Personally I use gsx which is available for all fsx airports by default.

There are no stairs with the 777 as in reality. You can get them with gsx or aes payware addons. Personally I use gsx which is available for all fsx airports by default.

delete post

Painted my first livery for PMDG 777LR/F.

MASkargo 777-FH6 (Fictional)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=179531

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=15037883

2013-9-15_14-44-36-409_zpsa1696b89.jpg

2013-9-15_14-44-3-65_zpsa87657cb.jpg

2013-9-15_14-46-56-586_zps5d08321b.jpg

2013-9-15_15-55-8-815_zps1d1f24bb.jpg

2013-9-15_16-7-34-427_zps6d52b2a5.jpg

Painted my first livery for PMDG 777LR/F.

MASkargo 777-FH6 (Fictional)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=179531

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=15037883

2013-9-15_14-44-36-409_zpsa1696b89.jpg

2013-9-15_14-44-3-65_zpsa87657cb.jpg

2013-9-15_14-46-56-586_zps5d08321b.jpg

2013-9-15_15-55-8-815_zps1d1f24bb.jpg

2013-9-15_16-7-34-427_zps6d52b2a5.jpg

Wow, Great work!

Thanks!

Peter Max livery please

I am currently working on a revised version of the Peter Max with what it might look like after the merger (i.e. UNITED instead of CONTINENTAL). However, while doing research for the project, a lot of info popped up concerning Peter Max's threat of lawsuits over copyright violation for anyone who creates a repaint of this aircraft for Flight Simulator.  Most of the post were in the 2002-2005 timeframe and since the real aircraft was repainted in 2008 to standard livery, I don't know what the current status of the threats is.

Some of the post indicated that AVSIM would not permit a Peter Max repaint to be uploaded to the library because of the threats. It would be interesting to hear from the AVSIM moderators as to their current position on this repaint.

I plan to continue working on it, but whether or not it is made available publicly will depend on what I find out about the copyright situation.

David Blitch
USAF (Retired); i7-6700K @ 4.0, 16g RAM, GTX 1070, SSD 1TB, SSD 240 GB, HDD 2TB, LG 32" Monitor, P3Dv4,
UTL, FSC, ASN, ORBX, Track IR 5, EFB, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 737, 747, 777, DC-6

Some of the post indicated that AVSIM would not permit a Peter Max repaint to be uploaded to the library because of the threats. It would be interesting to hear from the AVSIM moderators as to their current position on this repaint.

That is correct. He definitely is protective of his copyrights, and we do not  allow repaints of his works to be placed in our library. Any operator of a library would be taking a big risk hosting his works.

That is correct. He definitely is protective of his copyrights, and we do not  allow repaints of his works to be placed in our library. Any operator of a library would be taking a big risk hosting his works.

Thanks guys for this info. I was unaware of the copyright issues. Look like we won't be getting the Peter Max livery in the FS world for a while  :(

At least we have other spectacular repaints though  ^_^

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Tom

Thanks for the quick response, I was actually going to ask the question in a separate post since I didn't know if you monitored all of the post.  AVSIM is and has been invaluable to the hobby, and I assure you I would not do anything to jeopardize AVSIM.  I guess I'll just keep the repaint for myself since the main reason I was doing it was just for the challenge since it is so complex.

David Blitch
USAF (Retired); i7-6700K @ 4.0, 16g RAM, GTX 1070, SSD 1TB, SSD 240 GB, HDD 2TB, LG 32" Monitor, P3Dv4,
UTL, FSC, ASN, ORBX, Track IR 5, EFB, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 737, 747, 777, DC-6

Tom

Thanks for the quick response, I was actually going to ask the question in a separate post since I didn't know if you monitored all of the post.  AVSIM is and has been invaluable to the hobby, and I assure you I would not do anything to jeopardize AVSIM.  I guess I'll just keep the repaint for myself since the main reason I was doing it was just for the challenge since it is so complex.

David, yeah, it is a shame. The only thing I could suggest is that you contact him and ask him for permission to make public the repaint. All he can say is no (or be silent, which is still a no).

I wonder what's going to happen to all of these fictional paints when the 200er comes out

Personally, I am just gonna change the reg from HB-ILR to HB-IER and slap some trents on her :P

(hint: Swiss International Air Lines old colors - coming soon)

Would some kind soul be able to make a Scoot livery?

David Porrett

It is hard to keep up with what has been done... has AA's One World been done or is it in the works?  If not, looks like fun.

Would some kind soul be able to make a Scoot livery?

Yes, Goldstars textures "Facebook"

Soon...