Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Where Can I Reliably Get SID/STAR/IAP Charts?

I want to know which STAR to use into Mumbai for KIAD-VABB in the Air India 777-200LR. I do not know the STARs because I have never even flown to Mumbai yet.

How do real pilots get charts for their SIDs and STARs? Where do you simmers get charts? Also, I'm looking for something that is free or inexpensive and that I can rely on.

www.flightaware.com

charts.aero

Search the airport code and there they are.

If you need charts for airports outside the US you often have to go with a commercial source as the data is not always available to the public for free.

Navigraph have just launched their cloud charts. Pretty costly though at 60 euros a year.

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Charts outside the us are harder to find. There won't be a one stop reliable place for all charts. You'll just have to google vabb charts. Often the local vatsim or ivao division will have them perhaps semi up to date. Navigraph charts are an option. They just started a subscription service.

Navigraph desktop and cloud have a year subscription to worldwide charts and en-route charts for 48 euro.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Try this site maybe?

http://www.ae-ivao.net/charts/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

skyvector for the US, and for the other airports I fly to I either have them from the addon manual, or I search for them on Google via "ICAO code + approach chart" or something like that, but that of course isn't reliable at all, and it's not always easy to find what you want this way. 

www.aircharts.org have a charts for quite a few (though far from all) places in the world.

As for the OP's second question: real world pilots buy their charts from a commericial company (e.g. Jeppesen, Lufthansa) or get them from national governments (all Eurocontrol countries have their charts online for free).

None for Dubai that I can see on there

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

http://charts.aero

The best one and very cheap ;)

recently have used this for Australia, charts are excellent but they dont cover  the whole world

ZORAN

I've never flown to VABB, but charts.aero has had every chart I've ever needed. That said, you can purchase individual Navigraph airport chart collections for pretty cheap.

Airline pilots in real life usually have a Jeppesen subscription, but those cost thousands of dollars.