Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Issue after installing 1.1 patch

And it is quite serious one. After installing the patch, the whole content of ORBX folder is wiped! Every single file except FTX Central. During the installation all the files were there, and the moment after the installation finished the files are gone.

I installed FTX Global again, and I'm currently on 1.0 until this issue is solved.

Any suggestions?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Did you make sure FTX Global was ticked In your FTX Central App before installing v1.1

If you had a region like PNW or Europe selected this might have been the reason.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

It was ticked for sure, I checked. Also how FTX Global can be unchecked? There is no other icons there, only FTX Global.

Also, I don't have any other ORBX region installed at the moment, only Global.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Also how FTX Global can be unchecked?

If you had other regions it could have been unchecked.That is why i asked.

Hope you get it sorted out.Just had a night flight into KLAS the lights were amazing.

Best of luck

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Thats strange. I downloaded and installed the patch this morning and no problem.

I have the same issue, after installing the update, my OrbX folder is completely gone! Sigh. Now I have to reinstall everything all over.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Phew. Don't get me wrong but it is sort of relief that I'm not the only one having that issue. :)

Waiting for ORBX to provide some suggestions.

I hope there's a fix for this soon. Sucks since I own a lot of addons for OrbX, I will have to reinstall each and every one again.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

UPDATE:

I tried to patch Global on my brother's PC, during the complete reinstall of win7 and FSX on my PC. After finishing reinstalling FSX and Global on my PC, and after installing the 1.1 patch, everything seems to be fine. The difference is, I bought Global, and now I suspect that my brother isn't (probably pirated version). After some comprehensive googling I found that this patch will kill ORBX folder if pirated version is found, so I must say my brother is an idiot. I support FSX developers from the beginning, and in the next room my brother is using pirated stuff the whole time, apparently. Unbelievable!

I have no issue with my legal version of Global, so you can lock this thread for good.
I apologise for any inconvenience.

P.S. this is maybe good, because it is a clear message to those who are using pirated software!

Now wait a minute...what is this bs!!! I am thinking twice about installing this update! I see people complaining of the same issue on the Orbx forums too! This is really unnacceptable.

edit: so this is a copy protection thing, or is this a bug in the update???

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Honestly, I dno't know. One thing is for sure, I know that my brother used/using illegal versions of various FSX addons, I already had unpleasing experience with that  couple of years back. I really don't know why I was so desperate to use my brother's PC, when I know that he is probably using illegal stuff. I saw that he has Global installed, so I wanted to install the patch and see the difference while waiting FSX install on my PC to finish. He mentioned that he tried Global few days later after it was released, so I presumed that he bought it too. Stupid me.

oh boy...this is gonna get ugly...rofl...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

This might explain the "silence" from ORBX on their help forums.