Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Issue after installing 1.1 patch

The old my brother trick! Rofl

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I guess I'm just that lucky one again.  Installed the FTX Global 1.10 (update) with no problems.

I went through Orbx's forum and found one thread with a couple of people stating they had the same problem.  When asked for their order number of FTX Global, they didn't answer.  So, I'm wondering also, do they have pirated copies?

Hope you guys get this figured out.

Rod

Rod Beck

lol absolutely freaking hilarious if this is indeed the case.  The funny thing is I remember people posting about how money was tight and they couldn't afford addons, then suddenly days later were talking about how good Global is, the PMDG 777 is, and so on...  :lol:

I'm sure there's rampant piracy, unfortunately. If ORBX has found a way to wipe illegal installations, wonderful; there are a lot of ambiguous support questions with all these new releases, and it must be disheartening to have to get support requests from thieves.

There is no other icons there, only FTX Global.

Also, I don't have any other ORBX region installed at the moment, only Global.

There should be an FSX default icon in FTX Central as well. You have only ONE icon in there?

There should be an FSX default icon in FTX Central as well. You have only ONE icon in there?

When you have global installed it replaces the default icon with "FTX Global."

I went through Orbx's forum and found one thread with a couple of people stating they had the same problem. When asked for their order number of FTX Global, they didn't answer. So, I'm wondering also, do they have pirated copies?

I too noticed both users didn't post their order numbers

Piracy should not be allowed tolerated in any shape, way or form.

When you have global installed it replaces the default icon with "FTX Global."

I have FTX Global installed, and I have two icons. One for FTX Global and one for default FSX.

I have FTX Global installed, and I have two icons. One for FTX Global and one for default FSX.

That happens when you install an "older" FTX product or patch after you installed FTX Global

Then You should install the latest ORFBX Libraries from their support page.

That happens when you install an "older" FTX product after you installed FTX Global

Then You should install the latest ORFBX Libraries from their support page.

Ahhhh. Thanks.

oh boy...this is gonna get ugly...rofl...

You're not kidding. Interesting to see that there are 2 members on this thread that have a suspected pirated copy of the software. That is if that is the only cause of the ORBX folder being wiped.

And it is quite serious one. After installing the patch, the whole content of ORBX folder is wiped! Every single file except FTX Central. During the installation all the files were there, and the moment after the installation finished the files are gone.

I installed FTX Global again, and I'm currently on 1.0 until this issue is solved.

Any suggestions?

If you were at your brothers PC and reinstalled v1 what file did you re-install from? You can't have used your licence/installer as it was being installed on your brothers PC. Surely you would have known it was a copy version if there was no order number etc for you to have to re-enter?

Anyhow its a kick in the pants for anyone who hasn't paid for their copy to support the developers and avoid these types of problems in the first place

I installed v1 on my PC after full system and FSX reinstall, I forgot to mention that in a hurry. I thought it is an issue with an installer so I skipped patching to v1.1, up to the moment I found that he is using pirated copy (googling). Installed the patch on my PC after that and everything is fine as it should be. New night lights are fantastic!

BTW just checked his PC again, and found Global pirated version. So the mistery is solved, over my back.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Lol at least you got there in the end. I'm buying this myself soon so it's good to read feedback first

Anyhow its a kick in the pants for anyone who hasn't paid for their copy to support the developers and avoid these types of problems in the first place

Exactly. It's always makes me smile when developers add this kind of feature in their installers. It is a really kick in the stomach for those using illegal copies. Thumbs up!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.