Hi Guys not sure why but doing it with most aircraft, I can not get flaps up - anything below that works, any idea why this is happening would be appreciated, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Your pot is getting worn out and dirty most likely and is not able to register a full up or down position anymore. Try recalibrating the flap axis and set the end points a little short of  where they used to be, its probably best to do it in the windows driver rather than in FSUIPC.

I took my two quads apart a couple of weeks ago and cleaned the pots with contact cleaner, they now work just as well as they did the day I bought them 3 years ago. Have a look on Youtube there are a few tutorials showing you how take them apart and how to clean the potentiometers, its easy, but a little time consuming. It took me about 2.5 hours to do both quads.

Tip: you will need a long PH1X100mm screw driver to get at some of the screws, the shaft needs to be quite thin too.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy thanks for the help but they are only a month old - i would think its a little early to start smashing the thing open lol so thinking maybe re-calibrating would be best but there really is no function specifically to that - you go to calibration screen and just move the lever up and down really doesn't do a lot ?

Rich Sennett

Go to the deadzones tab and move the little arrows at either end of travel to change the end points.

Cheers, Andy.

Is the problem isolated to just the one throttle lever? Have you reassigned the flap activation to a different throttle lever to determine if the problem was with just one lever?

If the unit is one a month old, it might be worth returning it under warranty.

Danny

Danny

Let fsx control your flaps,,, ther levers by FSUIPC.

Let fsx control your flaps normally ,, the other levers by FSUIPC.

Let fsx control your flaps normally ,, the other levers contriled by FSUIPC.

My experience with faulty pots on the Saitek finally led me to build my own throttle quadrant that is much better than the plastic unit and allows me to change pots as the years wear on. I had tried cleaning fluid and all the other suggestions offered on the Web. Not much worked for more than a few weeks.

I am making these available to other simmers. You can go on Ebay and check them out under FSX throttle quadrant.

tony

I cleaned the pots on my pair of 3 year old Saitek quads a month or two ago, took me about 2 hours in total and they are like new now, I'm sure I'll get another 3 years out of them before they need another clean. Even if the pots need replacing then it wont be a major job to do it.

Cheers, Andy.