Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG Ops Center - High DPI Message

Just wanted to ask if PMDG can do something about the message I receive each time I open up the Ops Center & download/install updates:

"Your system is currently set for a non-standard DPI. PMDG Ops Center does not currently support high DPI scaling".

Much appreciated.

BTW: I think the Ops Center is an ingenious product integration. Well done!

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I fixed that by changing the text size in the display setting on my windows control panel (I think it's the "Set custom text size (DPI)" option). 

My laptop had a default setting of 125%.  I changed it to 100% and the Ops Centre stopped giving that message and started displaying correctly.

Regards,

Justin

I fixed that by changing the text size in the display setting on my windows control panel (I think it's the "Set custom text size (DPI)" option). 

My laptop had a default setting of 125%.  I changed it to 100% and the Ops Centre stopped giving that message and started displaying correctly.

Regards,

Justin

Hi Justin,

yeah, I realize how I can resolve it from my end, but I don't want to do that each & every time I open up the Ops Center. I use the DPI setting for all else in Windows.

Be nice just to have the Ops centre handle it.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Agreed.  I need to squint a little to read my desktop.  But it's worth it for the 777, right?

Cheers,

Justin

Everything still works fine, I think only the little menu on the left is misplaced. It's kind of a disappointment that high DPI is not supported. It's 2013, with high resolution devices like the Surface Pro or Retina Macbook Pro, or the new Asus PQ321Q 31.5 inch 4k monitor, running at 100% DPI makes things impossibly small.

Everything still works fine, I think only the little menu on the left is misplaced. It's kind of a disappointment that high DPI is not supported. It's 2013, with high resolution devices like the Surface Pro or Retina Macbook Pro, or the new Asus PQ321Q 31.5 inch 4k monitor, running at 100% DPI makes things impossibly small.

Agree. Hopefully PMDG can address this little issue soon.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi,

same problem here, because of the non-standard DPI error I'm unable to add the liveries in .PTP taken from avsim library since I'm unable to scroll to the right hand side of the PMDG OPS Center.

Will a fix be available soon?

Thanks

Just a trivial technical remark: Dpi = dots per inch and is used when printing a document.

Ppi = pixels per inch is normaly used for screen display.

Jos

Hi,

same problem here, because of the non-standard DPI error I'm unable to add the liveries in .PTP taken from avsim library since I'm unable to scroll to the right hand side of the PMDG OPS Center.

Will a fix be available soon?

Thanks

I have the same message with windows 8. I am still able to add downloaded avsim liveries. Just scroll to the downloaded ptp file in explorer and the livery will be automatically installed for you and appear in the tops centre. I hope this helps.

Same problem here, however you can scroll the liveries by hitting the down arrow key

John

On 17.09.2013 at 10:37 PM, bensam said:

I have the same message with windows 8. I am still able to add downloaded avsim liveries. Just scroll to the downloaded ptp file in explorer and the livery will be automatically installed for you and appear in the tops centre. I hope this helps.

Where I need to scroll this file? I have the same problem

7 hours ago, CapitanPhilips said:

Where I need to scroll this file? I have the same problem

I do not understand your problem,  there are several issues in this old thread and it might be helpful if you started a new thread describing your problem.  You might also find it helpful to review the Operations Center user manual, which you can access by clicking on the '?' in the upper right corner of the OC window.  Is your problem related to your screen DPI settings or to installing third part liveries?

Dan Downs KCRP