Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Outside lites not illuminating ground

Just did a night landing, The taxi, landing lites were on but there wasn't any illumination on the ground. I went to FSX settings to make sure that it was selected and it was. I tried going thru thru FMC to see if it was a selection in one of the options, but could not find any. Did I miss something? Anyone else having this issue?

Gnacino

In FSX settings make sure you have "Landing light illuminate ground" checked and the "Special effects detail" slider is all the way to the right.

John Sturm

This report is odd to me.  I did two night landings last night,and the lights not only worked but I thought they were extremely nice. Landing lights, wing lights and strobes all illuminated the ground nicely.

I wonder if this is a scenery problem, and would recommend you try another aircraft with the same airport/ and roughly the same hour. To my knowledge they're few and far between, but there are some sceneries out there that no aircraft can illuminate the ground.  I think at least some of them are FS9 ports, but don't hold me to that.

I hope this proves useful.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There is an option to enable ground illumination. I think you have to drill down in to the simulation option on the FMC. I don't spend enough time in the VC.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

No guys this is not the in game setting. I can attest to this issue as well. My first flight was a night landing and my lights were cutting in and out as I moved around the aircraft. Zoom levels also affected it, I believe. I haven't had time to open a support ticket yet. I want to reproduce the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey Rich,

What do you mean "the fmc has to be turned on"? I think I went thru the whole fmc when I got to the gate. Is there an option in the fmc menu, where?

Gnacino

yes there is I am at work so you will have to dig or do a search here as it has been discussed, thanks.

Rich Sennett

yes there is I am at work so you will have to dig or do a search here as it has been discussed, thanks.

The only one that's in there is for the lights illuminating during dusk/dawn, from what I recall.  In the middle of the night, this should not be an issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Mine works but they iluminated the ground kind of dim. I can see the nose gear light turning while taxing.

Chemanuel

My taxi and landing lights illuminate the ground infront of me but the strobes dont seem to be visible from the VC. In Exterior shots they show up.

Anybody else have this happen?

Anybody else have this happen?

Ever notice how far ahead of the wings you are in the 777?

This isn't the NGX...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Ever notice how far ahead of the wings you are in the 777?

This isn't the NGX...

... Yes I noticed. I moved the EZDOK camera all the way outside the VC and looked back.

I remember reading in the introduction or somewhere that the strobes are visible from the VC.

I'm talking about seeing the strobe flash off the ground. Not the actual light itself on the wingtip.