Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Outside lites not illuminating ground

I remember reading in the introduction or somewhere that the strobes are visible from the VC.

In the NGX manual, maybe.  In the 777 Intro, strobes is mentioned only once, and it only says they're correctly timed.

I'm talking about seeing the strobe flash off the ground. Not the actual light itself on the wingtip.

Yes, I know.  Again, you're way too far ahead of the wing to see any of that.

Kyle Rodgers

Well ok. I guess it was in a dream I had lol. Thanks kyle

haha - I don't blame you.  I'm losing track of what thread is about what about now, so I'm having the same...just not about strobe lights.

Welcome!

Kyle Rodgers

The only thing I have noticed was on a flight I made this morning that started at dawn.

When I would turn on the cockpit flood lights while the taxi and or landing lights were on the ground would no longer be illuminated.  But once I turned the cockpit flood lights back off the ground would again be illuminated by taxi and or landing lights.

In the intro it mentions that "cockpit flood lights to function in the daytime... may cause visual artifacts due to the specifics of the lighting technique used"

Not sure if this is one of the "artifacts" it could be referring and what Kyle had mentioned?

The only one that's in there is for the lights illuminating during dusk/dawn, from what I recall.  In the middle of the night, this should not be an issue.

I have yet to see if the same thing occurs during night.

Hi Nick and everyone,

The same thing is also happening with me with the strobe lights effect on the ground from the VC view. I'm sure I read somewhere people mentioning how nice they were but this is not happening with me and spent hours trying to figure out why and tried almost everything, thinking it might also be an EZCA issue. Can anyone actually see wings if you move all the way outside the cockpit walls? And what about strobe reflection on the ground from the VC, anyone?

It is also mentioned in the product page features:

"Exterior Lighting - 3D volumetric exterior lighting that lights up the FS scenery. You can even see the flash from the strobe lights when looking out the cockpit side windows. Improved over what was in the PMDG 737NGX."

Please help! Thanks!

Marc

Has there been any suggestions for this issue?  Now in winter, if you fly out of Amsterdam at 520PM is very dark, and the aircraft still sees it as dusk, hence, no lights at night. 

Happens with the NGX and 777.  I tried disabling the flood light option during day, but no difference. 

Also, I have the lights illuminate ground option checked. anyway...

Thanks!

The issue is Low memory, High VAS Usage. After long Flight doesn't matter your turn on all lights on the time to land the lights wont illuminate the ground, if change view you will not find but sometimes on 2d cockpit view you may find light is illuminated but dimmed. So i guest must be issue with memory usage to high after long flight. 

Hello

The solution is to download FSX service pack 1, install it, then restart the computer, then download FSX service pack 2, and install it.

Hello guys,

I have following problem with ground illuminate lights. In spot view, when I increase distance view on the plane, ground illuminates extinguish. I have fresh installation FSX:SE and addons on Windows 10.

Lucas

anyone meet this issue? Should I write a ticket to PMDG Support...?

That looks like add-on scenery. Try it at a default airport.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I also thought that is due scenery and I tried on default airport, but there was the same issue (sorry that didn't mention about this).

I also thought that is due scenery and I tried on default airport, but there was the same issue (sorry that didn't mention about this).

DX10 preview mode?

Kyle Rodgers