Sign in to follow this  
spacebaby

FMC Issue

Hi Guys,

I have read the manuals and didn't see anything on this problem. In mid flight for no apparent reason the FMC with disengage

and the MFD on the Captain side will go blank. In the scratch pad I get " program pin error" and I am unable to finish the flight

properly using the flight route with the FMC. Can some one help?

P.S. I have a 8core/ WOS7 64bit system with plenty memory

Silly question, but you did download your copy directly from PMDG and you did activate it properly?

We need more information. With what you gave us its like trying to find a black cat in a dark alley. :-)

Aircraft, did you start from a panel state, weight, route, phase of flight, what were you doing when you got the error, etc. The more information the better.

YES YES YES ! How eles would it work? I am a registered customer and have an auth.code  Do you have a solution?

Sorry, no, but "program PIN" did sound like an activation/registration issue. In PMDG's 737NGX screens would go blank if the product was incorrectly activated.

Did you install it as an Administrator?

Loaded all the info as usual flight route, fuel ,payload ect. everything works fine about 30min in the FMC stop

responding. Can not go direct to a way point or follow the route. Try to reset the FMC in flight nothing.

After trying different things it gives me the error message. Yesterday on the first couple of flights I had no problems. Think I should reload the aircraft?

Sorry, no, but "program PIN" did sound like an activation/registration issue. In PMDG's 737NGX screens would go blank if the product was incorrectly activated.

Did you install it as an Administrator?

Appreciate the sensitivity to piracy but this is the FMC having an issue with something.

Loaded all the info as usual flight route, fuel ,payload ect. everything works fine about 30min in the FMC stop

responding. Can not go direct to a way point or follow the route. Try to reset the FMC in flight nothing.

After trying different things it gives me the error message. Yesterday on the first couple of flights I had no problems. Think I should reload the aircraft?

No don't reload the aircraft. What's the route? What Aircraft? You did a direct to where and what happened. Again we need specifics.

It happens on every flight now no matter what route.  After about 30min maybe longer the FMC will stop responding. I will try to take a picture and post it if  that helps. I own the 747-400 don't have any problems with that aircraft. specifics are as started just in mid flight not doing anything out of the ordinary. It seem to be at intermittent inter volts. Now can it be something not being inputed in the FMC before flight? On the 747 if you

do not put in the required info before flight the aircraft will not follow the specified route in the FMC., like reserve fuel and price and weight ect. on the initref.??  

Hmmm, I had this happen as well, it happened when I was in the Dep/arr pages. I selected prog page and index keys and it cleared up for me. Rather random. I've not seen it again since.

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III