Sign in to follow this  
jeffskins

Auto pilot disarmed aural warning wont turn off.

After disengaging the auto pilot the aural warning sound wont stop. Cant cancel the warning no matter what i do. Any thoughts??? 

It's in the manual. Ouch I hate saying that. Press the button on the yoke or hit z twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Make sure you have the Autopilot Disconnect mapped to a key or button. After you press the button/key to disconnect the AP wait at least 1.5 seconds (I think that is the right number) press it again to silence the alarm.

John Sturm

Look for resettable siren in the menus. I believe you want it on. This means your double push on the warning light silences the alarm.

Thanks guys I appreciate the useful replies. I must admit that with a new born at home Ive had just enough time to take the777 for one spin and no chance at all to read the manual. I will get to it at some point.  THanks again. 

This means your double push on the warning light silences the alarm.

...no, this means pressing the MASTER CAUTION light shuts the thing up, though the light will remain on until you press AP DISCO again.

Pressing the AP DISCO button twice will always silence it.

THanks again. 

If you wouldn't mind hitting the Mark Solved button next to the post that answered the question for you, it'll help those of us browsing the forums trying to find people who need help.  It helps us see that your question has been answered and we can keep looking for unresolved problems, and lets your peers know how to find an answer to their own problem should they experience similar.

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Question. I have a problem that the caution light comes on and stays on. If warning comes on it stays on. If alarm sounds it's says on. Went to fmc and the resettable siren says yes already. Anyone care to have a go?

No just when I disconnect ap.

Anyone care to have a go?

Have you ruled out what's already stated in the Problem Tracking Thread?

(Are you using the C/D Panel State?)

Kyle Rodgers