Sign in to follow this  
E6BAV8R

Odd Caution Warning

So I'm burning through a lot of JetA at the moment cruising along at FL380 from ORD-LAX.  Everything is running fine except I have a Caution indication on that I can't find the culprit of.

• There are no abnormal lights on the Overhead - everything is in Auto.
  • I ran through all the EICAS pages and nothing is indicating abnormal.
  • No FMC messages.
  • Nothing is coming up on the Recall.
  • I couldn't find any reference in the QRH to address an abnormal Caution light.
  • Left and Right Clicking the Caution/Warning Button will push the button but the Caution indication stays on.

Here is a picture to showcase the issue.  Any thoughts?

2u63cq0.jpg

I had the same problem. It's a known issue when starting from cold and dark. Should be fixed in an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I had the same problem. It's a known issue when starting from cold and dark. Should be fixed in an update.

I see.  Well that makes me feel like not such an idiot for missing something stupid.  I did start from Cold and Dark.

Happened to me this morning. I just won't use cold and dark until its fixed. This does not hurt my feelings.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Use a new cold and dark panel state, Dan Downs is a beta tester and he has a hunch that is it.

I can confirm it also since I got the same thing when I used the cold and dark state PMDG created.

Everything has been good since I created my own panel state, no need to wait for PMDG to do it.

Chuck Biggins

Thanks for the clarifications.  Finally arrived into LAX.

Yeah, it certainly is not a big issue.  I was only using Cold and Dark as my very first flight to learn the airplane - most of the time I will probably be using Long Turn states. 

Use a new cold and dark panel state, Dan Downs is a beta tester and he has a hunch that is it.

I can confirm it also since I got the same thing when I used the cold and dark state PMDG created.

Everything has been good since I created my own panel state, no need to wait for PMDG to do it.

How did you create your C&D panel?  Just shut everything down and turn everything off and save it?  I wonder if loading the PMDG C&D state and then just saving that same state over the old one would do the trick...

I wonder if loading the PMDG C&D state and then just saving that same state over the old one would do the trick...

I would start from a different state to be sure. Don't even mess with the C&D PMDG created.

Shut everything down like the FCOM states and then secure the aircraft using the supplementary procedure just to be sure nothing is missed. Save the panel through the FMC PMDG OPTIONS in the CDU.

Chuck Biggins