Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Commands from controller ignored

Hi Everyone

I am enjoying the steep learning curve from the B737 to the B777 however a couple of things have me stumped and hope someone can help.

I am using a Saitek yoke and throttle setup and initially had difficulties with the throttles retarding after increasing throttle and sorted that by removing the calibration through FSUIPC as per the suggestions on this forum. I do however have many key commands including gear flap etc on the buttons of my throttle via the Saitek software not FSUIPC and to date all had worked very well.

In the B777 documentation it says that you can use the z command to turn on the autopilot and if pressed again it turns it off again but the wailer should remain until another press 1.5 seconds or later should silence the alarm.

Unfortunately this is not my experience. Pressing z once certainly engages the autopilot however a second press some time later the A/P button can be seen depressing but the light remains on and it is still engaged.

The only way I can get the autopilot to disengage is by a right click of the mouse on the screw in the mcp panel.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to get this command to operate via my throttle?

Many thanks for any help offered.

Regards

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Map a key or button the yoke button. FYI, this has been covered on many other posts including one that was just active at the top.

Hi George

Unfortunately the z key is already mapped to a button on the controller and does activate the autopilot. Its only when I try to disconnect by pressing the z button I get no response in terms of it disconnecting and subsequent silencing.

BTW I have read many post here on the forum, the intro document the tutorial 1 and for months the FCTM etc.

regards

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Please take a look again. Use the PMDG FMC mapping to accomplish this specifically to the button on the virtual yoke.

Please take a look again. Use the PMDG FMC mapping to accomplish this specifically to the button on the virtual yoke.

Hi George

Not too sure how to do what you are suggesting, I will have a look tonight our time and get back to you if I continue to have problems.

Thank you.

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

OK Have tried for a couple of hours now to no avail with what George suggested.  

I am definitely getting an issue that stops the Autopilot disconnecting via a key press command Z.  Sure the Autopilot turns on using this command but it does not disconnect as expected. 

Regards

Barra

Hi Oliver

There is some ambiguity in the documentation that says you can push z to engage and disengage the autopilot.

In any case I tried both Z and shiftctrlz commands for no response for hours.

I then tried to change the command through the fmc but chickened out.  Then went back to the shiftctrlz command only to find it now worked.

There is something very screwy, I thoroughly read the documentation but for some reason the software appears to have had a bee in its bonnet about something.

It is working as it should now and thanks for your input.

Cheers

Tim

Regards

Barra