Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Hard to control Minimum and BARO knob.

(Sorry for my poor English.)

In the NGX, it's easy and fast for controling BARO and minimums of EFIS using mouse wheel.

But 777 is hard. Mouse wheel doesn't work.

And mouse Right/Left button click response is slow.

The keycommand is also hard to use.

There are "FAST RATE" keycommand.

So If you want fast increase or decrease BARO, you must hold down two keys at same time.. LOL

Using only one key increases or decreases numbers very slowly.. 

I don't know why PMDG make this.

It's very not comfy.

I want just mouse wheel or fast response of key command..like NGX.

efis.jpg

its in the introduction pdf..... something like left click and hold and move your mouse left or right to change the values.... anyways read the manuals for detailed explanation

I do not like it at all. It's ok to accurately model a switch movement, but it was bad idea to disable scroll wheel.

So your a 777 expert? The knob doesn't allow you turn it, it's a three position switch. As I mentioned in the other post, please read the Introduction. :-)

its in the introduction pdf..... something like left click and hold and move your mouse left or right to change the values.... anyways read the manuals for detailed explanation

I know. But It's not comfy and not accurate.

It spend more more  time than NGX style.

What is reality? I don't have real 777 style knob in my desk.

Fast and accurate is reality for me.

So your a 777 expert? The knob doesn't allow you turn it, it's a three position switch. As I mentioned in the other post, please read the Introduction. :-)

Yes I am. I never said it allows you to turn it, and it's animated correctly but click and drag interface is extremely unintuitive, and I have had very hard time to dial baro and minima. I would like scroll interface back.

Ok... I know there are three position of knob. It's not a just 360 dial.

But we all don't have physically knob. We use keyboard or mouse or joystick. (BTW who have 777 replica controler maybe happy with this)

Anyway almost we dont have real knob.

So "HOLDING KEYBOARD BUTTON" changes number slowly at first, then after changes a lot of numbers. This simple style is nessesery for FS user.

Agree, the new way in no way simulates the real spring loaded type sitch in the ac, we are after all holding a mouse in front of a screen doing the job of 2 pilots, so it should be easier to change these settings like the 737. After my first flight today, this is my only major gripe with the aircraft.

-Iain Watson-

It's actually a lot faster once you get used to it.

...but no, it's a change.  I don't like change.  OLD WAY PLS!!!

Kyle Rodgers

It's actually a lot faster once you get used to it.

...but no, it's a change.  I don't like change.  OLD WAY PLS!!!

It's not about change. It's about trying to simulate something that cannot be simulated without proper hardware. As I said, it's great they recognized real behavior, but most of us do not have efis panel at home, so they should leave option to use scroll.

Trying to set QNH: hold right click, it moves so slow. I drag, it jumps 30hPa up. now I want to move it back; left click hold, it's slow, drag it a little bit, it jumps 30hPa down. Frustrated. Holding right click and waiting to reach correct hPa, 1 by 1.   :t0115: Leave it alone and order "F/O set my baro altimeter NOW!" (pressing B )   <_<

If you REALLY don't want use the wheel (I agree, mouse wheel capability would be nice though), you can always use the CDU to type it in with the backup EFIS controller mode ;)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

If you REALLY don't want use the wheel (I agree, mouse wheel capability would be nice though), you can always use the CDU to type it in with the backup EFIS controller mode ;)

That's a great idea! Completely forgot about that feature!

It's about trying to simulate something that cannot be simulated without proper hardware.

You're going to get the same precision with the hardware because it's going to be commanding the same rates that the mouse drag would.  It's all about getting used to the change.

Kyle Rodgers

You're going to get the same precision with the hardware because it's going to be commanding the same rates that the mouse drag would.  It's all about getting used to the change.

Well, I'm not 100% how that switch works IRL: Is it preprogrammed with 2 speeds - slow and fast, or rate of change is dynamically adjusted according to switch input force?

In any case, I disagree that hardware would give me same precision. For example take a pencil and sign yourself at peace of paper, then open paint and sign yourself using mouse. Compare.