Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Needs Start Crew (Real-World)

Attention:

FS2Crew is re-inventing its pusback team.

However, in keeping with our "raise the bar" with every release philosophy, we need your help.

We need REAL WORLD people who work as Pushback / Start Crew from AS MANY DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AS POSSIBLE.

Please contact me asap if you work as a real world start crew!

We need people from as many different countries as possible as we to make a truly international pushback crew.

You're probably saying, what's the point in doing this?  GSX/AES are pretty good already.

Well, all I can say is that our Pushack Utility is going to be FS2Crew style -that is to say, as realistic as possible- and it will be different and unique from the rest.

The only thing we can't do are animated people and loading trucks, but in every other area we can do better I think.

Expect voice control and menu control for the non-voice users.

Hi Bryan

Just found out about this and it looks a good idea. Always a bug fan of your work. I'm guessing that it is just going to be a pushback utility with no bag trucks, steps, catering trucks or the like, is that correct. I am also guessing that the GSX SDK never materialised. Would have been nice if FS2Crew could have connected with GSX especially with the new 777 ground ops.

GSX SDK never materialised

Correct, I asked about an SDK so I could interface with GSX properly, and not in some irksome way where all I do is control GSX via their on-screen menus via voice commands.

Never head anything back, so I guess they're not interested.

Makes no difference though.

Don't worry though, with our new pushback back utility, you should still be able to use GSX for the catering truck and baggage truck etc.

But when you want to do the pushback itself, you'll want to use FS2Crew, not the GSX pushback.

The only thing the GSX pushback will have over the FS2Crew pushback is I doubt we'll be able to have the walking Man model; at least not in the first release.  

It looks like FS2Crew will be reading scenery files so you won't have to enter a distance.

It should work at all airports.

Sounds good Bryan. I'm not to worried about the wing walker as it's all using extra FPS at an airport that already uses FPS. Normally woo busy to watch him as I'm starting the engines and checking them LOL.

Will it have the start on gate feature and the ability to push the aircraft into parking spots. I think AES had this feature but I can't for the lift of me remember which airport I came across it.

With your work on your previous projects I am sure that this will be an excellent addon.

Will it have the start on gate feature

Yes, it will be the most realistic, feature rich pushback utilty ever seen in the history of FS (minus the wing walker for now).

Cheers,

push the aircraft into parking spots

Push the aircraft into the parking spot?

Yes. I used this once on AES but I can't remember which airport. I had to question myself as I thought I dreamed it for a minute but AES has it listed as a feature on their facebook page. Not a major thing but I know you are a perfectionist and want to get things a real as possible.

Yes. I used this once on AES but I can't remember which airport. I had to question myself as I thought I dreamed it for a minute but AES has it listed as a feature on their facebook page. Not a major thing but I know you are a perfectionist and want to get things a real as possible.

Sorry for being off-topic here ( :P):

One of those airports with push-in spots is Gibraltar. There are more of them, but LXGB works with the AES push-in for sure.

A famous push-in is Dortmund EDLW. I also think on major airports with tight gates especially for heavies there is a short push, or better pull-in for the last few feet. I think KLAX is one of them if i am not mistaken.

Push-in starts at around 5:55

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

We're still coding, and it's progressing very well.

Ok thanks Bryan!

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

Are we going to be able to define how far to get pushed before they turn and the how far after it stops turning. Example, start pushback and start turning at 100ft then after turning continue for 500ft.

Are we going to be able to define how far to get pushed before they turn and the how far after it stops turning. Example, start pushback and start turning at 100ft then after turning continue for 500ft.

The plan is to make it automatic... it will read the scenery... like GSX.