Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

GPU Recommendations for 3 monitor setup

Hello all,

I'm planning to build a new computer system this winter and was just looking ahead at parts and prices. I was hoping to run this system on 3 monitors but am having trouble researching which GPU card(s) would best be up to this task. Ideally, I'd like to avoid the "stretching" issue on the two side monitors that I've heard a number of people mention on different forums. The three monitors I've got on my list right now are 27" and 1920 x 1080 display.

Would anyone have any recommendations for a GPU to run these three monitors?

On a side note - I was looking at GPUs on pcpartpicker.com The GTX 760 4GB card is priced lower than the GTX 670 and 680 4GB cards. Am I missing something there? I thought the 760 was the newer model?

Thanks for all of your help! I greatly appreciate it!

I only have the 2GB 670FTW Sig2. But good god don't get this card. My 560ti had better AA. Couldn't handle weather as good, and wasn't as fast at loading textures, but the difference is not that major even between those two. I would rather dial down settings to normal, than to have them at any setting and not get the looks I wanted.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Hi William - thanks for the feedback. I will definitely keep that in mind. Is there a card you would recommend for 3 monitors? If I am understanding your post - it didn't sound like you were recommending the 560ti either lol.

Thanks for your help!

Out of interest, how much of an FPS drop (percentage) is to be expected when switching from 1 monitor to 3?