Sign in to follow this  
cmdurney

Undocking DUs

Hi guys,

I haven't had the chance to buy this lovely bird yet.

I'm wondering if someone could tell me if you can undock the PFD, ND , EICAS , MCP , FMC etc on to multi Monitors. ( just like MD11 with undock able panel.cfg file)

Yes I know there is no 2D cockpit.

Chris

I was just going to post the exact same question. I have a 16" Monitor underneath my 27" which I drag the PFD & ND too.

Would like to know this before I buy this one

Thanks

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Any comments from all of you out there that have purchased the 777

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Yes, I fly a home built cockpit and undock the same way as the NGX.

The FMC, MCP, and EFIS also have 2d pop outs that can be undocked.

Justin whetstone

Hi guys,

I haven't had the chance to buy this lovely bird yet.

I'm wondering if someone could tell me if you can undock the PFD, ND , EICAS , MCP , FMC etc on to multi Monitors. ( just like MD11 with undock able panel.cfg file)

Yes I know there is no 2D cockpit.

Chris

Yes to all of them plus the EFIS and the lower DU and the display switcher and the radios.

Just remember to select ONLY the frame around it- slightly different than the NGX

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Before I buy, I want to know if I can use the FMC on my tablet much like other add on aircraft? Will it work with tabletfmc?

JJ

Thanks Guys

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Bump....

Sorry for the bump guys but I just got the PMDG 777 and was directed towards this post.

I want to have the FMC and MCP on my other monitor but every time I drag and drop them they go black. They return to normal once I bring them back on to my main screen. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Gary 

Windows 7 64-bit

Here is a video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152349176493179&set=vb.606133178&type=3&theater

Try setting your multimonitor to extend instead of separate in your Video Card control panel or windows display settings. And/Or you sim needs to be running on the main monitor #1.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No joy on either thing. I was already extended on the GPU and swapping monitors didn't help.

I might have an idea. It might be an FSX.cfg tweak (my FSX is a fresh install with no tweaks yet). Maybe BufferPools? I will be tweaking the .cfg over the next few days and maybe this could fix it. In the mean time, I am still open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Gary

IIRC you need to be in window mode for undocking to work, unfortunately.