Sign in to follow this  
cmdurney

Undocking DUs

IIRC you need to be in window mode for undocking to work, unfortunately.

Yes, you must be in windowed to undock, after you can return to full screen

@GMCG, you don't state what your GPU is? That looks like a driver or GPU issue, what are your display settings in your FSX.cfg?

Are you in windowed whilst undocking? I cant tell from the video

Regards

Rob Prest

Are you in windowed whilst undocking? I cant tell from the video

I had him try both last night (well, specifically had him try full screen instead of windowed - you can just barely make out the title bar in the video at the top of the FS window).

None of this was posted here, though, since it was through other messaging.  To help anyone else out, we discussed:

• Windowed versus full screen
  • Ensuring the window was undocked
  • It's not the old Vista issue (he's using Win 7)
  • It's not an issue of differing resolutions (this isn't an issue anyway, but I thought it might be at first)

Kyle Rodgers

I had him try both last night (well, specifically had him try full screen instead of windowed - you can just barely make out the title bar in the video at the top of the FS window).

None of this was posted here, though, since it was through other messaging.  To help anyone else out, we discussed:

• Windowed versus full screen
  • Ensuring the window was undocked
  • It's not the old Vista issue (he's using Win 7)
  • It's not an issue of differing resolutions (this isn't an issue anyway, but I thought it might be at first)

Hi Kyle, just an FYI - I have the exact same problem today after years of multi monitor use.  I have a strong feeling it is due to messing around with my main 2D window whilst taking screenshots for that DX10 thread on the main PMDG forum.

Anyway, I will fix it somehow and report back! btw, just got home from purchasing another monitor that matches resolution with my main screen, didn't work! :/

The fix is definitely simple since all worked fine less then 12 hours ago, just have to find that fix!

Rob Prest

The fix is definitely simple since all worked fine less then 12 hours ago, just have to find that fix!

haha - usually is, isn't it?  Gotta love technology...

Kyle Rodgers

haha - usually is, isn't it?  Gotta love technology...

Ok, very strange indeed. discovered that I no longer need to go to wndowed, if I am in full screen it let's me drag the popups across.

Issue is if I use the old method - windowed, undock drag/resize, fullscreen.

Have no idea why it works the way it does now, did not think that was even possible??

Rob Prest

Have no idea why it works the way it does now, did not think that was even possible??

Yeah, I have no multi monitor experience, so I was all over google last night trying to help out.  I found that one person said he had to be in full screen to get it to work, so it seems to be mostly system-dependent.  There must be a driver and settings issue between users that is creating the discrepancies I'm seeing across forums.

#Microsoft...

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah I guess so :/ fullsceen is actually better for me so I won't touch anything!  Will continue searching for a resolution to Gary's problem tho

edit - am wondering if it is the new monitor & matching res that sorted me out..

Cheers

Rob Prest

Hi Kyle, just an FYI - I have the exact same problem today after years of multi monitor use.  I have a strong feeling it is due to messing around with my main 2D window whilst taking screenshots for that DX10 thread on the main PMDG forum.

Anyway, I will fix it somehow and report back! btw, just got home from purchasing another monitor that matches resolution with my main screen, didn't work! :/

Ive had the same issue with black gauges/panels when trying to use DX10 with other aircraft and undocking to a second monitor. I believe its a bug in the DX 10 engine and one of the main reasons I dont use DX10. Ive also looked all over for fix

It is working fine in DX10 for me & others, I changed something messing around yesterday. 

using the normal method worked for me in DX9 & DX10 right up to a few hours ago.

Try my method of just dragging the 777 popups without undocking. It works perfectly for me in DX10

fuzzy  pic taken on my rubbish phone, shows the screens working well under DX10 in fullscreen

777.jpg

Rob Prest

Hi All,

-Here is my GPU as someone asked: NVIDIA 9800GTX+ @ 1GB

-I was undocking before trying to move.

-I just tried with AERO and color themes disabled, no joy.

-The primary FS screen is 1680X1050 and the one I am trying to move it to is 1920X1080 (the smaller screen is better for FS2004 which I am coming off from and will still run parallel).

-The FSX.cfg is fresh (as this is a fresh install). I did get the FMC to work once when I was testing a few tweaks. It might be BufferPools. I plan to tweak the FSX.cfg today and will report back.

Standing by,
Gary

Update

After doing the full gamut of the new DXT10 tweaks, I can say the MCP did move over. However, it killed my FPS and when I went to move it back, FSX didn't crash but it bugged out. I was testing with TeamViewer running at the time, so that might be the issue since both FSX and TeamViewer were maxing the CPU. I will test again this evening with just FSX running to see if it moves and stays stable.

I think I can confirm that it is the BufferPools tweak since it also cleared my mouse lag issue.

Gary

I found out a little while back that teamviewer causes major issues with multi monitors. It has a checkbox that will resolve the issue (sorry cannot remember exactly where)

Rob Prest

Yeah, no big deal. TeamViewer is a temp install on my Flight Sim computer for the FSX tweaking I was doing with someone. It will be taken off tomorrow once REX is installed. I'll check back in at that time to see if the MCP issue is really gone (I think it will be).

Thanks for all the help/replies,
Gary

Well,

I can now confirm that I can move the 2D panel over but my settings in FSX/FSX.cfg kill the FPS and and soon as I un-dock it and drag it back, FSX goes buggy. Guess I just won't undock this.

Thanks for all the help,
Gary