Sign in to follow this  
Wolf20

Autoland flare

Every time I attempt an Autoland I get everything setup fine it seems until it kicks over to "LAND 3".

The aircraft flares to early and to shallow at about 30 FEET every time no matter how fast or slow I am going resulting in a slight bounces of my main gear and settling back down again, I have tried multiple fuel/payload options.

I am missing something, any suggestions? Thank you.

What are you setting up your landing config at? Have you setup the landing init page properly? Are you using wx?

What are you setting up your landing config at? Have you setup the landing init page properly? Are you using wx?

Hmm I will look into that. Also what is wx? Sorry.

No problem. Weather. If so what program and what are your typical wind conditions versus the runway your landing on.

No problem. Weather. If so what program and what are your typical wind conditions versus the runway your landing on.

Oh I don't have a program for that. I am just practicing with pristine conditions. 0 wind, 100% visibility, etc. 

Every time I attempt an Autoland I get everything setup fine it seems until it kicks over to "LAND 3".

The aircraft flares to early and to shallow at about 30 FEET every time no matter how fast or slow I am going resulting in a slight bounces of my main gear and settling back down again, I have tried multiple fuel/payload options.

I am missing something, any suggestions? Thank you.

I am also facing the same problem. whatever I do the plane bounces on autoland

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

A video would help so we can see exactly what you guys are talking about. Autoland is not supposed to be smooth. It is designed to be firm.

Rob Prest

Could this be frame rates-related?

Low fps - FlyByWire - autotrim ...

well actually I am getting 30 to 35 FPS. so shouldn't be related at all to the frame rates.

maybe could be overload in fuel .. just a guess.

as for the FBW or autotrim what do you mean exactly is there anything from our side regarding these two things that we should configure ?

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No nothing that needs to be configured regarding Trim or FBW. Once again, what are your expectations? Autoland is designed to be firm

Rob Prest

(...)

as for the FBW or autotrim what do you mean exactly is there anything from our side regarding these two things that we should configure ?

thank you

Actually I wasn't thinking of configuration - I thought the FBW/autotrim might be calculated on a per-frame basis (one complete calculation cycle with each frame), so a FBW aircraft may be more vulnerable to low fps than a conventional one.

Well, looks like we can rule out the fps issue here ...

Hi. I also have the same problem. I've tried several times wit different weather/payloads but everytime it bounce. Any idea why?

Still trying to get to grips with the manual landings, which I am only beginning to nail, but I find that landing manually I get this to.   I will go and do a few autoland approaches and report on what happens.   I am now curious to :-)

Kind regards

Hi all

I get the very same behavior under the following conditions:

- landing config initialized in fmc, flaps out at 25

- mcp speed set at vref+5

- no wind in fsx or from other add-ons

- weight at landing: full pax, some cargo, fuel slightly in excess of the reserve limit

On landing, the plane touches while flaring, then slightly bounces then touches down again. I see smoke at wheel contact with the runway both times. As this is a saved flight the behavior can be repeated. Will give a try setting mcp speed at vref instead of vref+5 to see if something changes

Regards,

Aldo