Sign in to follow this  
FurrMik

Avsim is becoming ban-happy

I am so disgusted with Avsim now. You guys (Tom Allensworth) have such a great community on your hands, such a great opportunity to expand the Flightsim community, and what do you do? You turn it into a communist government where if a user says the slightest thing you don't like, you ban them!

Do you enjoy banning people? I am sure you do. I was reading a topic about the 777 release, when a user mentioned a slur again PMDG claiming that the delay was just a sales propaganda, and Tom replied with "I haven't banned someone in over 24 hours" "Want me to? Huh huh?"

And the user was promptly banned. I saw a similar situation with another user who made a comment to PMDG about the 777 bug and he was also banned!

Just tonight I made a comment in a topic, where a user said they are not going to buy the PMDG 777 because they aren't supporting the future, and I said" "Live in the present, and enjoy it).

I WAS BANNED FROM THE TOPIC!! WHY? I didn't say ANYTHING bad there. (Tom Allensworth)

You will probably ban me for posting this topic, because you don't "like it". 

Avsim is such a great experience to share our experiences with Flightsim, but there's one thing sure, you guys need to stop being ban ##### and let us express ourselves more without being BANNED.

Like I said, I love Avsim for the community. And that is ALL I love about it. 

Technically it's a dictatorship. Not a communist regime but they can be similar I suppose.

You have made 6 posts and been here 1 day?

Stop complaining.

I have been here 9 years and never had an issue.  If people thought about what they say then nothing to be scared of.

To the OP,

Maybe it's because there have been so many irrelevant posts made in the PMDG Forums... enough to temporarily bog down the AVSIM servers the day the Triple 7 came out! The PMDG servers I can understand, but a Forum Site? C'mon now...

When there are dozens of posts basically saying "Is it out yet", or "Why can't I log on?", people complaining, flaming and essentially whining for the sake of doing so... then yes, it gets old after a while.

I'm sorry if you feel AVSIM is being heavy handed, but it's Tom's playground. His house, his rules. The same Rules the rest of us have to abide by. Tom and the Mods have good reason and hard evidence to support their position... be glad you weren't sucked into the maelstrom two years ago when MS Flight came out!

Borg_zps5faa8d8e.png

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

To the OP,

Maybe it's because there have been so many irrelevant posts made in the PMDG Forums... enough to temporarily bog down the AVSIM servers the day the Triple 7 came out! The PMDG servers I can understand, but a Forum Site? C'mon now...

When there are dozens of posts basically saying "Is it out yet", or "Why can't I log on?", people complaining, flaming and essentially whining for the sake of doing so... then yes, it gets old after a while.

I'm sorry if you feel AVSIM is being heavy handed, but it's Tom's playground. His house, his rules. The same Rules the rest of us have to abide by. Tom and the Mods have good reason and hard evidence to support their position... be glad you weren't sucked into the maelstrom two years ago when MS Flight came out!

Borg_zps5faa8d8e.png

I agree - also the thousands of posts now saying "where is the 2d panel" and "where do i get new liveries"

I've been here 6 years, and I will say that they have become much more strict over the years. But, if you didn't know, a few years ago the AVSim community was almost completely destroyed by a miscreant from the UK. AVSim doesn't tolerate much anymore. I kind of understand. 

...be glad you weren't sucked into the maelstrom two years ago when MS Flight came out!

Borg_zps5faa8d8e.png

Ain't that the truth! That was hair raising for sure.

Avsim is such a great experience to share our experiences with Flightsim, but there's one thing sure, you guys need to stop being ban ##### and let us express ourselves more without being BANNED.

Believe me, I've been very vocal about allowing open dialogue. I think a forum shouldn't discourage discourse. If you look back in hostory, the greatest of all forums, the Forum Magnum, was so important because it facilitated a confrontation of ideas. But the silliness popping up on this forum lately deserves extra "attention," in my opinion. People have lost all sense of decency. I don't agree with shutting down threads entirely, but I do think banning people is necessary from time to time. With major events, like the PMDG 777 release, the forum gets more traffic--and more trolls--so you should expect the banning to be more frequent.

Have you recently been banned from the Avsim forums for no valid reason?     You have rights!     Our Constitution guarantees it!   Don't let a closet anarchist from the internet step on your liberty!      Better call Saul!

It's time to call Saul and let the 'Bulldog' off his chain and restore your dignity as a law abiding Flight Simmer!   Saul Goodman, Attorney at Law, specializes in Flight Simulator Community Forum Ban cases and is board certified in Internet Forum Law with the State of New Mexico.

Click here to get in touch with the Law Offices of Saul Goodman and Associates, LLP.  

mainheader_nosaul.jpg

Have you recently been banned from the Avsim forums for no valid reason?     You have rights!     Our Constitution guarantees it!

Haha, that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

PMDG has a very strict policy of deleting posts that are not signed with the users name. eg look at Lawyer+Pilots post, in his sig at the bottom of his post is his real name.

More than likely this is the reason your post got removed.

Apparently getting people to sign their real name makes them less inclined to be knobs.

www.antsairplanes.com

Have you recently been banned from the Avsim forums for no valid reason?     You have rights!     Our Constitution guarantees it!   Don't let a closet anarchist from the internet step on your liberty!      Better call Saul!

It's time to call Saul and let the 'Bulldog' off his chain and restore your dignity as a law abiding Flight Simmer!   Saul Goodman, Attorney at Law, specializes in Flight Simulator Community Forum Ban cases and is board certified in Internet Forum Law with the State of New Mexico.

Click here to get in touch with the Law Offices of Saul Goodman and Associates, LLP.  

mainheader_nosaul.jpg

:LMAO:

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

(...) You turn it into a communist government (...), but there's one thing sure, you guys need to stop being ban ##### and let us express ourselves more without being BANNED.

(...)

Have you made up your mind by now?

And Avsim have been putting up with previous banned mambers re signing in as another user. Claiming to be Female, when it turns out the person has more hair on their chin than Leon Russell.

So, Furmik, is your real name Leon or Doris ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.