Fuel tank config & loading

Hello all

In the Manual there are three different types of tank configurations

L200F & LR

1. no auxiliary tank

2. one cell aux tank

3. three cell aux tank

which one do we have?

Also can some one point me to a diagram of the loading sequence, I cant seem to locate it.

thanks in advance

ZORAN

You get to choose the number of aux tanks in the fmc, under PMDG setup menu, aircraft options.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Thanks Bill  appreciate it.

ZORAN

Selecting short run panel state fills the tank to around 145t, suppose i need just 30t of fuel, then ground operations does not have ability to defuel..then I need to manually set fuel load through mcdu..any workaround to allow a particular low fuel fig to be set initially on start up, so everytime I can use ground ops to upload whatever fuel??

Selecting short run panel state fills the tank to around 145t, suppose i need just 30t of fuel, then ground operations does not have ability to defuel..then I need to manually set fuel load through mcdu..any workaround to allow a particular low fuel fig to be set initially on start up, so everytime I can use ground ops to upload whatever fuel??

Load the SHORT panel state, change fuel to some smaller amount, 5 tonnes or so, save it as a new panel state.

guys  is there a diagram to show the loading sequence? eg center tank first etc etc?

for the life of me i cant find where to choose aux tanks as per Williams directions above 

ZORAN

Center tank on all airliners got loaded last, wing or wingtip tanks get loaded first.

Rob Prest

Got it 

and auxiliary should have last priority ?

ZORAN

Got it 

and auxiliary should have last priority ?

yes, although I think Ryan just stated no airlines are equipped with the aux tank on the LR. Haven't bothered to check myself so don't want to spread false info.

Rob Prest

Thanks Rob thats the last bit of info needed for the T777 fuel profile Vroute premium.

Actually the second last the last is >>>Minimum fuel required at touch down lbs

I will keep hunting for it in the Manual unless some one happens to know it

ZORAN

Intro Manual for how to set which tanks you have (hint: it's done via PMDG Setup > Aircraft Options, and the intro manual has bookmarks  :wink: )

Why are you looking for the loading order?  This is all managed via FS Actions > Fuel

You should not load fuel via the FS menus - ever.

(Just in case you didn't know that already)

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Rob thats the last bit of info needed for the T777 fuel profile Vroute premium.

Actually the second last the last is >>>Minimum fuel required at touch down lbs

Minimum fuel required at touch down depends on the rules you are flying under. Generally a final reserve of 30 minutes flying time is an absolute minimum.

Thanks guys , I was ticking off a check list for a fuel planner Dev and was on a time limit

Kyle yeah missed it in the manual initially but got to say Im actually enjoying reading the manuals for this one, maybe because i really love the 777

John that question wasn't worded properly to me. What was wanted was the fuel in the tanks that is unusable, and my understanding would be 500-1500lbs in big jets.

ZORAN