Sign in to follow this  
Jetx44

IRS question

If I start my flight Dark/Cold,  How do I align the IRS alignment?  Usually I see a display on the panel the time before it becomes active.

Jason

There is a cold and dark section at the end of the Tutorial flight (or you can just use the normal procedures in the FCOM1)

The 777 doesn't have "IRS", it has an ADIRU.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If only there was something to read about this kind of thing..  Hmm.. Damn you cruel world!   Honestly.. Try looking in the manuals, the ones that come WITH the aircraft.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Nah it much easier  to ask  a question in here come back the next day and find your answer, oh wait if I checked  the manual I would  have  found the answer in under  2 minutes of  searching. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nah it much easier  to ask  a question in here come back the next day and find your answer, oh wait if I checked  the manual I would  have  found the answer in under  2 minutes of  searching. 

Yet, any time someone points that out, they're a callous, meaniehead...

I guess that's why I put the Care Bears back...

Kyle Rodgers

There is a cold and dark section at the end of the Tutorial flight (or you can just use the normal procedures in the FCOM1)

The 777 doesn't have "IRS", it has an ADIRU.

Well, strictly speaking within the ADIRU, there is a (sub-)'System' that is used for 'Inertial Reference', no? I'm pretty sure the AD part of the ADIRU only needs aligning if a catering truck driver messes up ;).

Well, strictly speaking within the ADIRU, there is a (sub-)'System' that is used for 'Inertial Reference', no?

...right, but if someone is looking for the IRS, chances are that they don't know the parallels of IRS vs IRU, and they're probably just looking for a label that says what they think they're looking for.

As such, the statement satisfied what it needed to:

The guy needs to look for "ADIRU" on the overhead.

Kyle Rodgers

I guess that's why I put the Care Bears back...

Good to see you get back in shape.

Also, prepare for onslaught of people after the 747 release... "Where is the ADIRU button?"

Good to see you get back in shape.

Also, prepare for onslaught of people after the 747 release... "Where is the ADIRU button?"

haha - actually, that does it...my Uncle Sam is coming back...

(Does that sound wrong at all?)

Kyle Rodgers

my Uncle Sam is coming back...

Frankly, I prefer the carebears :)

Frankly, I prefer the carebears :)

Yeah - me too.  For the time-being, this seems more appropriate based on what I'll be saying for the next few weeks.  :Whistle:

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, haven't you noticed that?   :P

I've been in skim mode since I got the email asking the beta team to jump on the forum so that the dev team could work on the servers, and chase down support tickets...haha...

...but no, I didn't take note of noticing that small little error.  I guess the current trend is that my mind has been completely engulfed by so many multiple requests that I've been in my own world, alone.

(ugh, that was painful to even type...haha)

Kyle Rodgers