Sign in to follow this  
trsanchez

2D popups

Good day folks,

I just like to know, if it is possible to use 2d cockpit popups as on the 737 NGX, like the mcp (very important), FMC, EFIS, etc.

Then I gonna buy this awesome bird!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Tom

Yes.

The MCP popup is combined with the EFIS (same window). Different CDUs are available as 2D popups. So are the MFDs.

Pls. note there's only a small area (top border) where you can "grab" the popup to move it around or to undock it in order to move it to a 2nd monitor. You have to move your mouse rather precisely here.

The special function of the ECL (mouse shape changing to a ECL cursor) also works with the 2D popup - awesome!!!

I know for sure that you can popup the FMC,EICAS, PFD,ND, radio management panel.

Personally I would like to know if you can undock a popup to switch the lower EICAS pages.

Awesome news about the MCP :)

Rob Prest

Okay??? So,  is the MCP ( Autopilot panel ) a 2d popup as on the NGX, or not? :-D This is quite important for me to know. Thx so much. :-) Could anyone do a screenshot with the 2d popups (MCP) Would be gr8. Just to make sure.

Thanks gents.

Have a nice day!

I think Oliver made it clear that the MCP & EFIS is definitely available as a popup that can be moved to another monitor.

Rob Prest

I know for sure that you can popup the FMC,EICAS, PFD,ND, radio management panel.

Personally I would like to know if you can undock a popup to switch the lower EICAS pages.

Awesome news about the MCP :)

The display switcher is included in the MCP/EFIS popup (it's a broad window; I have to resize it on my 2nd monitor).

I use that in 2D plus the lower DU plus the left CDU.

... and right now I can't provide any screenshots.

All I needed to know mate, cheers :) can't wait to purchase when I get back

Rob Prest

All I needed to know mate, cheers :) can't wait to purchase when I get back

Ha, you're in the same boat as me :-)

Cant wait to get back as well!

Rob Robson

Okay??? So,  is the MCP ( Autopilot panel ) a 2d popup as on the NGX, or not? :-D This is quite important for me to know. Thx so much. :-) Could anyone do a screenshot with the 2d popups (MCP) Would be gr8. Just to make sure.

Thanks gents.

Have a nice day!

Here's your screenie. Usually my 2D popups are on a 2nd monitor. This pic is for demonstration purposes only. Pls. note the "dormant" ECL cursor, waiting for your PC mouse to hover over the ECL DU again to revitalize. (Click for complete MCP and display switcher to show.)

Absouletly perfect, my main worry was that the 2D EFIS & MCP would be missing.

Cheers

Rob Prest

I wish the OH panel was a pop out also, I usually place it on an overhead monitor I use. Works great for the 737NGX.  Am I missing something?

I wish the OH panel was a pop out also, I usually place it on an [lower] overhead monitor I use. Works great for the 737NGX.  Am I missing something?

I would like to know this as well.

spacer.png