Sign in to follow this  
kriggelb

adiru alignment

Hello 777-pilots out there,

I've been flying for some hours in this beautiful bird now and it really is a masterpiece. Thanks to PMDG and to all the people involved in this great development! 

Still I have a question after noticing an issue:

I loaded the "long" panel state to avoid the master caution light coming up. I was connected to ground power (both devices) and turned ADIRU on. I use to set alignment time to "real" by the way. 

I used the CDU to set IRS position by using the GPS coordinates on the second page. Then suddenly while getting the "time remaining" display on the ND the whole process started again: The time display went from "3:xy" to "6:xy" minutes and also the already copied IRS Position was deleted and I had to enter the GPS Position in the respective line on the first page again. After that the countdown worked properly. Now my question:

Is it normal that sometimes the alignment process starts all over again before finishing the countdown? Was it maybe due to turning a system on during countdown? Actually I can't remember if I turned APU on during the first alignment, but that shouldn't be the case, right?

I already searched the forum for "ADIRU" and "alignment", but didn't find an answer yet.

Kind regards,

Chris

Christian Baldauf

OK everybody,

I guess the "problem" is solved: I changed fuel and payload while letting the ADIRU align. So the sensors obiously detected an aircraft movement due to weight change and that seems to be why the alignment started all over again - great aircraft - my fault :blush:

Kind regards,

Chris

Christian Baldauf