Sign in to follow this  
Flightsimmer1

Approach Reference Page

Hi I flew the PMDG777 from Los Angeles to San Francisco to test it out but I noticed that I could not enter the amount of flaps or the speed for the approach. Consequently I still did an auto land but with a flare so I was wondering if say Flaps40/140 is actually programmable or is there something in the FMC options that I need to set up?

The three reference speeds for the the flaps and approach speeds does not show up in the FMC and when I try to put in a speed of say flaps 30/149 it will not allow me to input the flaps or the speed since the flaps and the speed go together so how do you configure the FMC to sow these details?

Anyway I had a look at the tutorial last night and it did not help me much at all in regards to this question.

Anyway I had a look at the tutorial last night and it did not help me much at all in regards to this question.

I find that hard to believe.  Are you skipping steps?  You need to ensure you're following the tutorial exactly as it's written and not how you're assuming the step should go (common human error problem, actually).

Could you show us a screenshot of your INIT REF page when you're trying to select your flap speeds?

Kyle Rodgers

I am having the same identical problem with my craft.  Everything is configured nicely and the trip goes as planned but when its time to select the final approach speed and flaps configuration on the Approach REF page it populates the empty field after your selection but does NOT make the change on the LEGS screen.  For example, I made a trip from KSFO to KSNS as a trial run and made my selection for 30/137 as suggested on the Approach REF page.  When I went back to my legs page, the FMC showed 170/1600 instead of the final approach speed selected.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, is there a fix, or steps to follow to correct it?  By-the-way, I LOVE MY 777.  PMDG has made a beautiful aircraft and I want to thank them for a job well done!!

When I went back to my legs page, the FMC showed 170/1600 instead of the final approach speed selected.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Not a problem.  It's a realistic behavior, and is explained in the intro manual (and I thought it was repeated in the tutorial):

The 170 on the LEGS page is advisory only.  This isn't the NGX.  You must override your speed manually using the SPD INT function (pressing the MCP speed wheel in).

Kyle Rodgers

When I went back to my legs page, the FMC showed 170/1600 instead of the final approach speed selected.

AFAIK, the Legs page is not supposed to show the final approach speed even on the runway entry, unless you enter it manually for that waypoint.  You set final approach speed (+5) suggested on the Approach page in the MCP speed window.

The three reference speeds for the the flaps and approach speeds does not show up in the FMC and when I try to put in a speed of say flaps 30/149 it will not allow me to input the flaps or the speed since the flaps and the speed go together so how do you configure the FMC to sow these details?

Do you have an accurate gross weight showing on the PERF page?  As Kyle implied, it sounds like some required data is missing.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Not a problem.  It's a realistic behavior, and is explained in the intro manual (and I thought it was repeated in the tutorial):

The 170 on the LEGS page is advisory only.  This isn't the NGX.  You must override your speed manually using the SPD INT function (pressing the MCP speed wheel in).

FANTASTIC!  You have made my day!  I will review the manual and see the tutorial as well.  But, I do understand now.  Thank you so much!

AFAIK, the Legs page is not supposed to show the final approach speed even on the runway entry, unless you enter it manually for that waypoint.  You set final approach speed (+5) suggested on the Approach page in the MCP speed window.

Do you have an accurate gross weight showing on the PERF page?  As Kyle implied, it sounds like some required data is missing.

Mike

As Kyle indicated, I was thinking NGX.  The gross weight is accurate.  Everything configures nicely.  I just expected to see the same result as I did on the 737NGX.  Thanks guys!  You're the BEST!

FANTASTIC!  You have made my day!  I will review the manual and see the tutorial as well.  But, I do understand now.  Thank you so much!

Welcome!  Glad it helped!

(And glad you didn't take the earlier brevity as being intentionally terse - I'm at work, so I'm just trying to bang out posts to support people on the forum between other tasks.)

Kyle Rodgers