Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Engine sound is too loud when fly-by camera.

engine.jpg

The external engine sound is great. It's 3D positioning sound. At front of engine, the sound is loud and at after of engine, the sound is small.

But there is a problem.

I don't know why.

When I use Fly-by camera (default camera of FSX), The external engine soud is 100% loud. I mean too loud.

The 777 is flying far away from camera, but the sound is weird. very very loud....

Any soultion please?

Thanks.

Do you mean that when watching it from tower or flyby view it doesn't sound distant ? and louder as it comes towards you.

Its all to do with coding the Full scale distants in the sound cfg

Whats your Sound System ? 5.1 or Headset or or ? ;)

I just use two speacker ( = head set)

Do you mean that when watching it from tower or flyby view it doesn't sound distant ? and louder as it comes towards you.

Its all to do with coding the Full scale distants in the sound cfg

From tower or flyby view, the engine sound is not changed. 100% loud . No changes. It's like my ears inside of engine still.

I just use two speacker ( = head set)

From tower or flyby view, the engine sound is not changed. 100% loud . No changes. It's like my ears inside of engine still.

Yeah i know what you mean. Well this is a very complex soundpack and it can be done to what your wanting to hear,  but to be honest I would not touch the sound.cfg personally even though im capable of doing it.

The FSX sound engine gives you the option in the coding to place something called Fullscaledistance= ...  By doing this your telling fsx to allow the user to hear the sounds from a certain distance.

i.e quiet from a far and louder up cloud depending on where your watching the aircraft on the sim.

1. Because I don't have time
  2. Because It would be an insult to Armen.

Sorry buddy !