Sign in to follow this  
marcrechdane

Just a floating cockpit when in cockpit view

Dear simmers,

I can perfectly see the exterior model when in outside view, but switching to cockpit view, looking and moving from the inside in order to see the wings and the rest of the fuselage only shows the shadow of the aircraft on the ground and a floating cockpit! I can't even see the reflection of the strobes on the ground from the inside, unlike the NGX where everything works perfectly. Is anyone else having the same problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Marc

Hello Marc,

just an idea: If you're using EZCA please remember to run the config.exe after installing a new aircraft...

Kind regards,

Chris

Christian Baldauf

Thank you for reply, Chris! In fact, this is one of the things that I did at the very beginning trying to solve this issue, but unfortunately with no luck :( Any other ideas? All my research came to a dead end!

Best,

Marc

Hello Marc,

if you've got an EZCA camera set saved for the NGX try to load it while "sitting" in the T7. Use the studio and numpad key "2" to set up views (of course you have to rearrange a little bit cause this flightdeck is truly huge ^_^)  and save everything as a new 777 camera set (I guess it has to be an .ecs file).

Exit FSX and run the EZCA config.exe as administrator.

Run FSX again and see if it works then...

Best wishes,

Chris

Christian Baldauf

Hello Chris,<br /><br />Your help is greatly appreciated! I will try that tonight hoping that it will solve the issue. I'll keep you posted.<br /><br />Many thanks and have a good weekend flying this beauty! :)<br /><br />Marc

Also make sure that you are using the "virtual cockpit" view, not just "cockpit".

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Chris,

This is to report back that it did not work! I followed your instructions and nothing worked, actually I spent more than 3 hours researching and trying things with no luck, unfortunately!

It got me thinking what if this was a PMDG thing, meaning that maybe these guys did not design it in a way to be able to see the wings if you move your VC view all the way outside the cockpit walls, also did not design it for us to see the reflection of the strobes on the ground from the cockpit's side windows.

Can you please, or anyone report if you have all these things? or is it just me?

The exterior look is perfect, the lights from the cockpit and from the outside are just amazing! The only issue is the strobe light effect from the VC view.

I hope someone can help :)

Many many thanks in advance!

All my best,

Marc

Yesterday Oct 25th 2014 (this is an old thread) I updated my PMDG 777 to version 1c at the same time I also updated my Nvidia graphics driver. Now I can't see a cockpit in cockpit view. It is there for virtual cockpit but not for cockpit. I made the recommended edits to the config file and re-installed the graphics driver update and the PMDG update. Tried to roll by the PMDG update but i can't do that. Any ideas anyone?

Any ideas anyone?

There never has been a cockpit in the cockpit view. It is just a view forward of the sky ahead. There is no 2-D cockpit to shown up in the cockpit view. If you are seeing the virtual cockpit you have no problems.