Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Sensitivity sliders in FSX for NGX

Hello there,

I would like to know how to set sensitivity sliders on roll and pitch axis inside FSX to properly match the behavior I should have with NGX. Currently they are to the far right...

I am asking because I noticed that when testing the controls on the lower EICAS display, the controls moves to the max in the sim before my joystic gets to the max.

Best regards,

Pierre Laine

I believe FSUIPC would be your best bet when calibrating your controls.  You will need to have the registered version of FSUIPC to do this.  I've also tried using the sensitivity settings within FSX and I either have a result like yours or my yoke goes full left or right, but the NGX's doesn't.  

Hi Ken,

Do you have tour yoke set through FSUIPC?  If so what are your calibration settings?

THanks

Rob

We specifically recommend against using FSUIPC calibration in the manual...

I personally set my sensitivity sliders at about 1/3 using a Saitek X52 with the NGX. Higher when using the the 777. In real life the NG's yoke actually takes more effort and throw to cause control input than the 777's does, despite being a much smaller airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks to all for your answers,

I will pass on FSUIPC then and try to move my sliders to the left^^

I am glad PMDG advised not to use FSUIPC because I started to think it was a need to calibrate controls properly...and I would have been using it only for that purpose. 30€ saved for T7^^

Pierre Lainé

would like to know how to set sensitivity sliders on roll and pitch axis inside FSX to properly match the behavior I should have with NGX. Currently they are to the far right...

I find the most realistic setting is max sensitivity for pitch and roll with . When I say realistic, I mean in terms of control displacement to flightpath relationship for most normal and non-normal maneuvers (even during sim training I very seldom have required full delection and only once in the real aircraft when caught in wake turbulence). However, because there are no control forces, which are significant in the real aircraft, such a setup takes some getting used to.