Sign in to follow this  
Hirdy2013

RAT won't stow

Anyone have an issue with RAT deploying then unable to stow?

Light came on in the overhead and when I press to stow it won't........

Weird.

It's not weird, thats how it works. You cannot stow the RAT, engineers have to do it. Same deal with any other RAT equipped aircraft. Also same deal when you disconnect an IDG

Rob Prest

As far as I know (and this knowledge is based on the 767), you can't store the RAT yourself.

Has to be done by people on the ground.

Not 100% sure, though.

100% positive. The RAT must be stowed on the ground. One push of the button releases the RAT, the second push will not stow it again.

Kind regards

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Hmmmm. It deployed during cruise.

Interesting.

Thats how the System works if both engines are out your plane has no hydraulic system anymore. With the RAT your plane has enough power for the hydraulic system :)

I might chalk this up as a bug.

I've got power from both engines so can't work out wht the RAT would have deployed.

So, both engines were running and the light for the RAT was on ? Can you reproduce this issue ?

I might chalk this up as a bug.

I've got power from both engines so can't work out wht the RAT would have deployed.

Both engines losing power is not the sole reason for the RAT to automatically deploy. Have a read of your FCOM.

Rob Prest

Yeah, my ac is fine and hyd levels.

Not far off landing in Chubu Centrair so will check on arrival.

Thanks guys.

I'm having the same issue. programming the fmc...I used the direct input by pressing the space bar them d.c.s.....then discovered the rat had deployed. I had not left the ground and no engines started.

If the rat is to be stowed on the ground (where I am) where is the command to ground crew to stow it? or is it a reset job?

thanks.

If the rat is to be stowed on the ground (where I am) where is the command to ground crew to stow it? or is it a reset job?

MENU page of the CDU.

PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > FAILURES > ACTIVE FAILURES

Never hurts to go stabbing around the CDU pages to see where things are.  You can learn a lot by looking around.

Kyle Rodgers

Cheers kyle....its only happened twice (rat deployment) in fact last time I never noticed it till airborne.... An was amazed by this technical and visual delight. Just looked amazing.

Anyway....thanks again.