Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Flight plan disappearing when selecting STAR en-route

Approaching one of the last few waypoints in my route, I go to plug in the star and runway, and after executing, it dumps all my previous waypoints and the star is the new entire route. Is this supposed to happen?

David, it shouldn't to that. What are the exact steps you are taking to enter the STAR? (right down to button presses)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I am using a plan created by FSBuild and had it export to PMDG. It didn't happen to me when I was manually entering routes.

I go to the route page, click sid/star, click arrival runway, then star, and accept with any transition, and bam all my other route is gone and all that is left is just a basic star. I will try once I land and program the next routing manually.

Hmmm, OK it'll have something to do with the way that plan is loading into the FMC. Does this occur on any FSbuild flight plan you create?

Mark Adeane - NZWN

David, are you loading a SID and/or STAR and runway in fsbuild before saving the flight plan?

If so, avoid that. I suspect that's where the issue comes from. Create the basic flight plan minus all runway/sid and star/runway components and hopefully that will address it.

If not, I'm afraid I can't answer the issue for you except to say the problem lies in the way that FSbuild is writing the flight plan to the rte file. You could always create an identical flight plan in the FMC and save it, then compare that with the FSbuild generated one to see where the discrepancy lies.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I am loading the plan from CO Route, then selecting the proper sid and runway from the fmc sid/star page. Same problem with no sid star created by fsbuild either.

But I only used it to export wind data, now I just enter the data manually on the fmc, save the route in the fmc after typing it in, then I can request the winds using a wx file created earlier with the same naming convention.

One more fmc problem I found. When adjusting something in the takeoff section, like entering the winds on the 2nd page, then going back a page and confirming the vspeeds, FMC MSG still displays on the EICAS. I need to press CLR on the FMC once the message comes up before doing anything else otherwise that FMC MSG does not go away

Had the whole flight plan get dumped on me yesterday as well when crossing a waypoint about 3hr into the flight. Bringing up the 2D version of the FMC brought it back.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Happened to me last night with an FSBuild 2.4 flight plan. I've always exported from FSBuild with the SID/STAR export option disabled. Plan disappeared mid-flight while selecting/activating the approach STAR and runway (was using the 2D pop-up). It's probably a RTFM thing that I haven't gotten to yet or something. In any case, the magenta course line disappeared from the map and the next waypoint was 200+ miles (the approach). I reloaded the FP and just picked the runway, without the star, and it worked fine. In any case, it provided a nice mid-cruise diversion, lol. Gonna read up some more this afternoon as it's likely in the manual.

It doesn't appear to be only fsbuild imported plans. I manually entered my plan but did not enter an arrival runway or star yet, only the last waypoint on the plan, then en route now, halfway to my destination, I go to enter the arrival in the dep arr section... anything I choose in there will automatically delete my current active plan and bring the star to page 1. I am not familiar in reality with the 777 but in the NGX and MD11 you could do this. All times it has happened when importing wind data, I do not know if that is related or not.

Happened to me with vroute flightplan on my first test flight, i don't remember RWY and STAR. I have selected STAR on fround before take off, and there was the last waypoint, discontinuity, and then vector to next app waypoint. Every time when i tried to connect that waypoints where discontinuity was, the whole flightplan was disappeared. 

I had also that "FMC MSG" issue, described well by OP already

Forgive me for any inaccuracies here as I've not finished reading the manuals and I don't have them in front of me, but the 777 has a function that will prompt you with the IAP initial fix after selecting the procedure at line 6R. If you hit LSK6R then EXECUTE, it will dump the flight plan and make your active leg to the initial fix. If you EXECUTE without selecting 6R, it will append the procedure to your active flight plan.

Forgive me for any inaccuracies here as I've not finished reading the manuals and I don't have them in front of me, but the 777 has a function that will prompt you with the IAP initial fix after selecting the procedure at line 6R. If you hit LSK6R then EXECUTE, it will dump the flight plan and make your active leg to the initial fix. If you EXECUTE without selecting 6R, it will append the procedure to your active flight plan.

You are totally right, it's user error here on my part. I'm so used to pressing LSK6R in a 747 FMC that I didn't think anything of it.

But the FMC MSG that wont go away prompt if you don't clear the displayed text on the FMC before changing pages is an actual bug.

You are totally right, it's user error here on my part. I'm so used to pressing LSK6R in a 747 FMC that I didn't think anything of it.

But the FMC MSG that wont go away prompt if you don't clear the displayed text on the FMC before changing pages is an actual bug.

I had the STAR input with expected rwy when on the ground at departure airport. Also input the plan manually. Think they have a bug in the FMC.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric