Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Flight plan disappearing when selecting STAR en-route

I got same problem and i did many time tested with various route planners and non flightplan could be inported end up empty in FMC of the T777 same route works in NGX MD11 747 ect ect.

PMDG, are you looking into this?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Guys,

If you are going to report things like this we need EXACT steps to reproduce it. We cannot debug vague statements that don't tell us exactly how to get something to happen.

For this I need:

- Full Route
- Performance data (weight, fuel, CI etc)

- Which Navdata set you're using (Navdata Pro or Navigraph)

- A step by step description of what to do to make the problem occur

Do that and I'll test it. If I confirm the error, it goes into the bug tracker and we'll fix it. We don't have ESP here and we don't just instantly know what it is you're doing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys,

If you are going to report things like this we need EXACT steps to reproduce it. We cannot debug vague statements that don't tell us exactly how to get something to happen.

For this I need:

- Full Route

Do that and I'll test it. If I confirm the error, it goes into the bug tracker and we'll fix it. We don't have ESP here and we don't just instantly know what it is you're doing.

I still have the OFP from PFPX on the one and only flight I have in it. It has the route, weights, etc... We're do you want it sent to? As far as the step by step? Don't know what to tell you. I loaded the whole plan prior to takeoff and did not touch it other than a step climb.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Eric,

Obviously you did something at the end of the flight though right? This entire thread is about manual route mods causing a problem right?

Send the OFP to rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Eric, Obviously you did something at the end of the flight though right? This entire thread is about manual route mods causing a problem right? Send the OFP to rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com
Ryan, will send it to you tomorrow afternoon. No, I just did a step climb as far as manual data entry. I was throughout the flight going through various pages in the FMC looking around but not adding anything other than the aforementioned step climb. I was on a STAR into ATL. This issue cropped up way before the first fix on the STAR which was MEM. It was a weird one. Think it was around the INW VOR. I use Aerosoft NavDataPro (using latest 1309). I was on the main progress page. What I actually saw on the FMC was the waypoint I was flying to and the next waypoint after. However the times to them were blanked out as well as everything on the bottom of the page to include the destination identifier, fuel data at destination, etc... Anyways, will get the OFP to you tomorrow. Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I did 3 flights last night, 2 with manual flight plan entries and 1 with an FSBuild pre-built flight plan (no SID/STAR export). I couldn't reproduce the STAR problem I had the night before last...everything worked well, no lost routes. So, it was probably just a procedural mistake on my part.

I did have a flickering magenta course line after setting up a SID (just SID legs), but it seemed like one of those flukey FSX things and it disappeared once I moved the aircraft. Happened only once.

See post #13. This is not a issue with 777 - have you tried that? 

For this I need:

- Full Route

Ryan, there is no need for all that data, just put 777 on LGAV Rwy 03R, set Depp and Arr airport to LGAV, on Depp page select only runway and on arriwal same 03R and ABLO1C or ABLO1P(i can't remember 100% but is the first one in the FMC). Then activate route and go to Legs page - there will be discontinuity. Try to clear discontinuity like you did in NGX FMC and whole route will disappear, only approach will be there, just like you explained in another thread. This is not a issue with 777, this is the issue with NGX pilots who don't read 777 manuals  ^_^

Also, there is no need for you to test this

Eric,

Obviously you did something at the end of the flight though right? This entire through is about manual route mods causing a problem right?

Send the OFP to rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, I must have deleted the OFP. Sorry. If it happens again I will make sure to save and send it to you at that email address.

Eric 

Do make sure that you guys are not pressing the prompt at LSK 6R on the ARRIVALS page that says "(WAYPOINT NAME) INTC >" That is not an activate/exec prompt, it sets up a direct to the FAF with an INTC CRS of the runway heading automatically and is used for "extending the centerline" - if you do this, the rest of the route WILL disappear by design. It's the same thing as line selecting the FAF up to the top of the LEGS page and entering the runway heading at 6R after doing it. Pilots during the real life 777's development asked for a streamlined way to do this in the busy terminal environment and that's what the 6R feature does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg